call me an idiot...

Well I asked for it lol.  Thanks for the answers I did get.  Reason I said the nuts were too tight was because I stripped one of them, did get it off though..guess I'm just too damn strong!
Please,,, now come on,,, dont touch your self!

Now as for the front sprocket, you will most likely need an impact gun! Some times you may even have to heat up the front sprocket nut also!

The rear sprocket nuts should just come off with a good breaker bar and socket!
Wow this thread is going the wroing way,

You have to heat up your nuts before you play with them?

Yes...I got them all off. The front was a pain in the ass because all I had was a socket and a small breaker bar but I ended up getting it after almost pulling my bike off of the stands! got everything back together and was ready for a ride but my rear brake is sticking a little bit..not real bad but I can tell there is tension as it is hard to walk the bike around. Anyone know why it would suddenly stick?

Idiot, hey you asked me to do it. Anyway the newer bikes are different from the original bikes or at least my '06 was. It was easy to get off, had to buy 35mm socket.

Alright...I got my new front and rear sprocket, took my bike apart, rear tire off, and...how in the hell do I get the old sprockets off??? The rear sprocket has lock nuts on it and the front one i just can't turn without turning the engine..Could use some help if you all don't mind
smile.gif
Silly you...you leave the wheel and chain on, and have somebody hold the brake, while you use an impact wrench to get the front nut off
winkold.gif
An electric impact will work just fine, and is alot cheaper than the whole compressor route if you don't already have one....plus it'll come in handy down the road
thumb_up.gif

(Note to self: Remember to never ask the O.R.G. to call me an IDIOT)

The rear may be sticking as the pots tend to be pushed out while the caliper is off the disc.Then when you put the caliper back on the disc they will be tight up to the disc. Remove the top of the rear brake fluid reservoir to release the pressure.
Good Luck
Tony

Back