California Fire Situation

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
Having lived through a pretty bad natural disaster (Hurricane Katrina) I cant help but wonder how things will work out for the folks in Cali with these fires. Now I dont know if what they are going through is natural or man made (arson) but that probably dont really matter.

Fact is if they have lost as many homes as the news is reporting there will be a serious hit taken by the insurance comapanies and take it from me, thats a bad thing right off the bat.

What they did, or shall we say are doing, on the Gulf Coast is ducking and jiving.

Are they fires?
Or are they wind driven fires?

Did half of my employees and freinds in Biloxi / Gulfport MS lose thieir homes to wind driven water (storm surge) or to flooding? The insurance companies actually denied coverage because of no flood insurance in what are being tagged 'slab cases' -thats what they call it when you go home and all that is there is a slab.

I cant help but hope that the people out there who will no doubt have a pile of rebuilding to do, do not find themselves fighting two rebuilding battles - one finding baby pictures, pets, automobiles and in some cases family members and the other finding a jury that will award them insurance coverages that are by most means, due them.

My wife and I live in Alabama (south of the magical I-10 line of delineation), over 100 miles from Katrina landfall and our mortgage / home owners insurance was cancelled at the renewal date and not one company that anyone here could mention would even sell us insurance - retaliation. We now have coverage through Appalachian Taxidermy, Hair Removal, Tire Repair and Homeowners Insurance covering our a**es.

Should be interesting to see what happens to the families out west. I'll keep them in our prayers.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out...

One thing I've noticed is that the people here in San Diego who were evacuated weren't all acting like helpless victims like in other national disasters we've witnessed...

Will be interesting to see how it pans out...

One thing I've noticed is that the people here in San Diego who were evacuated weren't all acting like helpless victims like in other national disasters we've witnessed...
?
boxing.gif

Back