Buying on Ebay?

jmourik

Registered
I've got this Ebay favorite search set up for Hayabusa, but I'm wondering how safe it is to buy a motorcycle from Ebay. Does anybody have any experience with that?
Today for example this Hayabusa auction was added. Looks nice, but i'd still be scared to go for it...

Thanks, jan

If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Obviously a scam.

I bought my Busa on eBay, but went to chatted with the seller many times first, then went to South Carolina to pick it up in person before handing over the cash.

I bought mine new on ebay (somewhat) dealer had it setup on ebay with there phone # called them found out everything about them just bought it through them instead of ebay. so I had good luck, but have heard of others that haven't so be careful mind your p's and q's dot your I's and cross your t's
wink.gif

I would be careful of that one NOT A REGISTERED USER NO FEEDBACK AND JUST QUOTING MAGAZINE ARTICLE ON DESCRIPTION.

Like most have said, you have to be careful. For the most part if someone has good feedback and lots of it I think your chances are lower of getting scammed. I have bought everything from $2 items to my wife Mercedes on ebay and so far, knock on wood, I havent been gotten yet. Its probably just a matter of time though. Ebay has turned into allot of retail stores and I feel that they are pretyt safe. You have to be allot more careful with individuals though.

First Email the person of the bike and see if you can go and take a look at it. If you do buy it pay for it after you go pick it up. This seems to good to be true I would be careful of this one. Compare prices of other Hayabusas just to see the price range so you know the average. If you can check the vin to see if its legit and also make sure to find out where this bike came from. Remeber there have been a lot of floods and water damage down south. Be careful.

Saw my Busa in an ad on Ebay and contacted seller because it was too good to be true. Went for two hour drive to personally check it out before bidding on it. Didn't bother with bid, bought it on spot. It's been love ever since
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Second look;
It must have been a scam, it's no longer available

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130333206 -->

Back