Buying a Hayabusa

Scott71

Registered
Hello all I am new on here, I am looking at buying my first Hayabusa a 2008 gen2 28500 miles on the clock.

My questions are, if anyone can help ?

1. Main things too look out for ?
2. The one I have seen has no Japanese Hayabusa symbol only the Suzuki strips is this normal, did they sell bike without out his or should I be cautious of this bike ?

The photo is of the bike I am very interested in.

Thanks for your help in advance !!!!
image.jpg

Welcome, that bike looks to be in good shape...like @GIXERHP said, someone simply de-badged it...the decals can be bought or you can update them...easy-peasy.

If you can get it for a decent price, it will serve you well...

Thanks @GIXERHP and @Bumblebee I will go and have another look and take a test ride, anything else you could recommend I look out for? Thanks
Not sure of your experience with motorcycles so I don't want to insult your intelligence-my apologies in advance if I do.......

Check the oil inspection window to a) make sure there's a proper level of oil and b) that it isn't black as tar...take the oil filler cap off and give it a sniff to see if the oil is burnt.

Chain and sprockets can be a tell tale sign of lack of maintenance...if they are worn out or really filthy the bike may have not been looked after well....check the tires for wear, check the fork sliders for any sign of leaks...try to see the color of the brake and clutch fluid through the viewing bubbles...

The overall condition of the bike to see if it has been cared for or not...in my experience this shows how well the bike has been looked after and maintained...

Not sure of your experience with motorcycles so I don't want to insult your intelligence-my apologies in advance if I do.......

Check the oil inspection window to a) make sure there's a proper level of oil and b) that it isn't black as tar...take the oil filler cap off and give it a sniff to see if the oil is burnt.

Chain and sprockets can be a tell tale sign of lack of maintenance...if they are worn out or really filthy the bike may have not been looked after well....check the tires for wear, check the fork sliders for any sign of leaks...try to see the color of the brake and clutch fluid through the viewing bubbles...

The overall condition of the bike to see if it has been cared for or not...in my experience this shows how well the bike has been looked after and maintained...
Many thanks and no insult taken all advice appreciated, I will check all the above mentioned and see how the ride goes.

+1 BEST ANSWER

Ask the seller if it's ever been in an accident.
It's possible that the bike tipped over or was in an accident and when they replaced the fairing
they didn't want the expensive of adding the Hayabusa sticker to the new fairing.
IF you never ask and only assume that it's never been down you will never know for sure.

@Scott71

welcome to the .org

at that mileage, the busa is due for the second major inspection (in germany around 600 - 800 €)

then see my (summarized) maintenance sheet (.pdf) and you'll recognize what all should be done.

and also see my list of jobs (some of which go beyond the off. suzuki maint. sheet) and how much time they take.

and some of the others here will call me a "smart-ass", dumm-head and annoying idiot -
but get the gen2 manual to study.
should be available here somewhere to download in english
(or look at this page)

@Scott71

welcome to the .org

at that mileage, the busa is due for the second major inspection (in germany around 600 - 800 €)

then see my (summarized) maintenance sheet (.pdf) and you'll recognize what all should be done.

and also see my list of jobs (some of which go beyond the off. suzuki maint. sheet) and how much time they take.

and some of the others here will call me a "smart-ass", dumm-head and annoying idiot -
but get the gen2 manual to study.
should be available here somewhere to download in english
(or look at this page)

I wouldn’t call you any of those names but I will say that you do tend to answer questions not asked and assume every poster you respond to is a total noob. If someone asks for answers to A, B and C, you will give them answers to the whole alphabet. Very unnecessary and even belittling, not that that is your intent.

@WuzzaCBXRider

sorry that I am sometimes writing completely politically incorrect - that would exceed my abilities in a foreign language completely.

I am already overjoyed if one understand my technical messages correctly.

and please - don't be angry when i try to describe all (known by me) aspects of a problem - a lot of em need lots more than a simple yes or no.
and if I would leave out only one (known by me) aspect it could lead to stress afterwards, because someone inexperienced could then make a mistake and tap into a trap .

this try of a "trap prevention" is the deeper sense for my homepage (2 Gb only for the busa) where i describe themes beyond the manual.

best regards
from across the pond
the sometimes harsh old man ;)

@WuzzaCBXRider

sorry that I am sometimes writing completely politically incorrect - that would exceed my abilities in a foreign language completely.

I am already overjoyed if one understand my technical messages correctly.

and please - don't be angry when i try to describe all (known by me) aspects of a problem - a lot of em need lots more than a simple yes or no.
and if I would leave out only one (known by me) aspect it could lead to stress afterwards, because someone inexperienced could then make a mistake and tap into a trap .

this try of a "trap prevention" is the deeper sense for my homepage (2 Gb only for the busa) where i describe themes beyond the manual.

best regards
from across the pond
the sometimes harsh old man ;)
Hi. I think you do a great job It must be very hard to go from German to English I am 49% German as was my wife. Unfortunately we never learned to speak German.

Back