buying a full exhaust

xc700

Donating Member
Registered
I am going too buy a new full exaust system,i have picked 3 systems based on what i have read.

1. brock hindle (gen 3)
2. akrapovic (racing line)
3. yoshimura (trs)

i have a three questions that i am worried about before buying

1. sound (i need an exahust system thats is not real loud when driving around town, cops and neighbors thing.)
2. has good fit and finish
3.tuning (want a pipe i can put on and a map that is close without a session at the dyno.)

This is an open debate on exhaust. Most will tell you the Acro has the most performance gain while yoshi is the cheapest. Any will sound good. They will be loud but only at higher rpm just stay slow and she'll stay quite.

i'm on my 2nd bike with a trs
my only gripe is the metal's cheap
under my fairings, it's black
ugh
but at $650 from motoxoutlet, its pretty darn cheap
kinda quiet too, which is good, cuz the way i ride, i dont need any extra attention
all_coholic.gif

Dont buy a pipe because of some sponsored builder/tuner says so. buy it if you like the fit,finish ,and sound. Just because you have a high dollar pipe it doesnt make you any faster than the next guy. The fastest busa,s have Dump pipes. JMHO. I have a muzzy 4;1.

(big coop @ Sep. 26 2007,13:44) Dont buy a pipe because of some sponsored builder/tuner says so. buy it if you like the fit,finish ,and sound. Just because you have a high dollar pipe it doesnt make you any faster than the next guy. The fastest busa,s have Dump pipes. JMHO. I have a muzzy 4;1.
good choice for the money

I have a full Yosh TRS, and love it. Nice mellow sound cruise around but when ya romo down on it it lets ya know its there. Plus it has nice fit and tucks up close to the bike for hard turning with no scrapes.

I am on the other hand considering moving to a different style system after i get back from the bash. If you might consider a used setup lemme know, might be able to work out a hella deal for ya

Akra- Fit and finish is 2nd to none and they sound oh so sweet!
Any of the 3 will serve you well but the Akra is the best of the 3 in my opinion.

I loved my Brock's gen 3,Sounded great and made great power as well.Plus you can switch between the can or the street meg if you want to spend the money for both.

I would just make the choice on how much money you want to spend and looks of the pipe.

(Charlesbusa @ Sep. 26 2007,17:44) I would just make the choice on how much money you want to spend and looks of the pipe.
AMEN and +100! Snagged a full YOSH RS-3 off ebay for $450. Then got a BMC race filter here. Plugged in a PCIII with a preloaded map for my mods and bike runs great. Mellow rumble at slow speeds and just enough snarl at speed. Just perfect for me.

Just bought a used full Muzzy on here for $320 shipped!
super.gif

Any sponsor here will tell you they are the best bang for the buck. Here's what they sound like-
smile.gif

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i154.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/Shibumi_2007/Muzzyfullsystem.flv"></embed>

Brock product. Pay now or more later buying another brand.

I have a slightly used Tsukigi Spec II race system for sale if you are interested. It's full stainless from the header pipes to the oval muffler. Makes great power with the mods I have and I have a kick ass PCIII USB map for it as well.

Akro Evo full system. You get exactly what you pay for.
beerchug.gif

i like the two brothers carbon look oval m2's...anybody got anything against them? btw, the pipes i've looked at (muzzy, akro, etc) yoshi stays right up there with the more expensive ones..two bro's is 'bout a hundred cheaper...from what i've seen

Back