BusOwnerInBlighty

I gave this site and the TL-R site to the Main headquaters when they sent me a rider survey on how the bike was performing for me and how the dealer show room floor/bike prep and all those other sales stuff affected my buying or not buying this bike and under comments I put down this site and told them if they really wanted to know what the riders thought of the bike or the service they received to look at the site and read the postings.

Not yet, although I did get a call from a guy at Suzuki this morning. It was a courtesy call more than anything else and he didn't provide any answers but since this call represents the first courteous correspondence I've had since I bought the bike I'm not going to complain about the lack of any solutions to the problem.

The dealer has already been down the kinked fuel line road. The second time I returned the bike they found that the fuel lines weren't twisted or restricted in any way and the bike has failed to start since then.

From this mornings phone call I get the feeling that my dealer is having trouble replicating the cut-out problem (at least that's what they say) so it looks like I won't get a solution by tomorrow so things aren't looking good right now.

What a shame. Oh well. I'll email you later since I'm off to a meeting right now.

Cheers

Just to add something, the chap from Suzuki was interested to know where it was on the Internet that I correspond with other Busa owners. I gave him this web site address so you know that Suzuki UK are reading this site from now on (assuming they weren't reading this site before).

It took me 9 seperate phone calls to get through to a guy at Suzuki GB. He stated that he didn't know of any common problems with the Hayabusa and my report was 'a new one on him'. He did mention kinked fuel lines on a 'similar' bike ??
So either Suzuki's internal communications is crap or he lied...or of course all of us on this board are actually 10 years old and live in a dreamworld (which is Suzuki's preference).

AH HA....so it was yours the man from Suzuki GB was talking about.
Mine is in next week for the fuel filter treatment....hope it works.

Cisco, Who are we just idiots when we use the computer(in Suzuki's eyes).

But,then we are intelligent when we paid $10,500+ for a new bike sight unseen
(in Suzuki's eyes).

Maybe our bikes are suffering from the ZX12r Virus we picked up on the net.

Just think about the owners who have these problems but no one to relate the problem to, those with out internet service.

Because the Dealers all say "we have not heard of any problems" even when you are in their face telling them about it.

Suzuki must be really tweeked about the TL1000S Steering Damper Recall still.

Who are we, only 40yrs old (avg.) and well educated and computer literate. We are not some 18yr old buying their first GSX600 Katana.

Suzuki just doesn't want to have to admit there are some bugs that need to be worked out.

It seems likely from the sound of it that he was referring to my bike when you spoke to him.

As I said, I was told previously that there was nothing wrong with the fuel lines by the dealer has since concluded that there was.

I haven't ridden it myself yet so I'm only cautiously optimistic. I hope you get yours sorted soon - it's a real pain in the arse having to go back and forth to the dealer. The safety issue is a bit of a worry as well. I only had one close shave on it when it cut out on me at a junction but that was at low speed. The car driver, quite naturally, was looking 'behind' my bike getting ready to pull out behind me as I rode passed. They had a shock when they started pulling out only to find me stranded directly in front of them! You should have seen the look of surprise on their face which quickly turned to anger since I think they thought I was pissing around. It scared the poop out of me.

Speak to you soon.
Regards

Well, I received a call from my dealer today who claims to have sorted the problem. Apparantely, they found that one of the fuel hoses had a kink in it which probably occured when the alram was fitted. They've cut the line shorter and have tested the bike several times and claim that it's sorted for good. This does go against what they previously told me about the fuel lines but if it fixes the problem I won't care.

I'm picking it up on Thursday and will be testing it over the weekend.

We shall see. They are fully aware of my position with regard to the problem and so this had better work this time.

Here's hoping. I'm just looking forward to seeing the ole' girl again! It's been 10 days since I last left it with them.

Anyway, I'll post here at the weekend to let you know whether all is well or whether I'm back where I started.

Regards
BusOwnerInBlighty
HadesUK@netscape.net

I picked my bike up about 2 hours ago (a day earlier than expected). I had time to ride 25 miles on it and it didn't cut out or fail to hot start.

So far, so good. Mind you, the weather is cold here at the moment and it would always cut-out more readily in hot weather.

The dealer claims to have shortened the length of one of the fule hoses although the receipt I got for the work barely mentioned this and made reference to the throttle position sensor instead. To be honest, I couldn't tell you right now what exactly they did to resolve the problem since I've been getting contradictory messages from the various departments at my dealer. I've got to go back tomorrow to the service department to pick something up and I'll ask them what they did.

Please let this be it!!!!

I'll keep you posted.
Regards

Thanks for the update!
Find out if they replaced the TPS or jsut adjusted?
Any details you can get. Especially why a kinked hose doesn't affect the bike all the time, and maybe more when hot?
Bob

Ok - 50 miles and no problems so far.

What I've said before is as much as I can get out of the dealer. They simply claim that whilst the fuel hoses weren't crossed up or kinked in any way they thought that on close inspection one of the hoses appeared to have suffered damage before (possibly when the alarm was fitted). They cut the bad end off (thereby shortening the hose) and it cured the problem.

I must say that they were extremely confident that the bike was fixed when they called me to let me know I could pick it up. Based on all of my experience in this matter I don't think they're telling me the whole story and I suspect that with Suzuki's help they did something more fundamental like changing the pump. I don't know this - just speculation on my part - but they're sticking to their story.

Sorry I can't help more on this but what can I do?

I'll let you know if I find anything else out or if the bike fails again.

Regards

Back