busa

graywolf

Registered
hi im new here and have been looking at the posts about busa as first spots bike well im in the same boat it will be my first sports bike iv looked at lots of bikes gsxr600 k1 and the 750 and 1000 of the same but the busa stands out to me and its not the power its not the speed its the look i think its sexy lol iv been thinking of getting one my last bike was a 1200 goldwing so what do u all think thanks daz
AAAssjani.gif

First, let me say welcome to the board, Daz! I believe Too_Many_Hobbies was like you and traded in his big cruiser for a 'Busa, so he may be able to talk from that perspective. Here's his post: <a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=6;t=17526;hl=too+many+hobbies">Too Many Hobbies<a>. The biggest concern for folks that have never ridden before and decide they want a 'Busa because of the speed. From what you have said that's not the case with you and I think your experience on something big like a Goldwing will be extremely beneficial. Other than adjusting to the increased power of the 'Busa I don't think you would have any problems making the transition. The other question to ask is what you plan on doing with the 'Busa? Do you want to do touring? Street riding? Track riding? That will impact on some of the mods you may look to do. Let us know what you decide on getting and happy riding!

well all of it apart from the track part i got the goldwing but only got to ride it once as had an acc at work wich put me out of riding for a bit bummer but like i say speed is not y i want it i just like it

I would say, only you know best.   A Goldwing is a hella different ride than the busa.  What ever you decide bro ride safe...shiney side up.
smile.gif

Oh, and welcome.

well it will prob be a busa and i must say this is a good site top job iv been on other sites and they aint so nice on there

Just do it.you will not regret it
My last bike was HD WIDEGLIDE from cruzer to my first sportbike
I love it.
smile.gif

yes think i will i have seen them for sale for around £4000 what should i look for whats good and bad . peeps
rock.gif
??

my last bike was a 1200 goldwing so what do u all think thanks daz
AAAssjani.gif
Graywolf,
My other bike is a GL1800...just bought the Busa last month and the only "real" transition I've noticed is the throttle response.. completely different than the Wing....heck,,probably different than most bikes. Anyway,,,the wing was over 800# dry and the Busa is almost 500# so the weight is a good thing. It really keeps the Busa stable. I rode the 750's and 1000's and felt they vibrated too much. Then I took a spin on the Busa and "WOW" what a difference. No, I don't sit "upright" on the Busa and, no I can't pack as much stuff as the wing, but it's a different, more exhilarating ride than a cruiser/tourer. You won't regret your choice if you pick the Busa.

yes i feel that its the bike for me but it seems that there are some con's out there iv seen a 2003 busa wiv 1488 miles on it for £2000 in london
grim.gif
con or what so i need to know what to look for
AAAssjani.gif

Hey Gray,
I don't live in England and don't really know the currency conversion off the top of my ole punkin' so I couldn't tell you what's a con and what is not. Surely there are other Busa riders in your part of the world who could more accurately answer that question. Do you have a local dealer? Do you have anything like NADA or Kelley Blue Book to give you different values? Good luck with your search.

Back