Busa won't start

Caution

Registered
i have a 2005 busa with less than 700 mi. on it.. i dropped it recently and now it won't start.. I can push start it and it rides fine, but it won't crank by itself, when i swith it on everything works, the horn, lights, i hear the fuel pump activate and everything, even when i try to start it the lights dim as usual. All of the fuses are good, even the main one, i bearly dropped it, it doesn't even have a scratch on it, but the clutch lever was damages a little near the cylinder and the ball broke off of the lever, i'm thinking i need a new master cylinder because that's the only place where damage is at. But at the same time it rides fine when i push start it.. Someone please give me some ideas of what's wrong!!!!

On the clutch lever assembly, unplug the two wires and try jumping them together to see if the switch is bad. If the bike then starts up, you know the answer.

Just an FYI  I had similiar problem.  Everything looked good but the bike did nothing when I tried to start it.  It ended up being the clutch switch.  I took it off, cleaned the contacts and bent one in a little to ensure a good connection.  Bike starts up with no problem.  I did order a new one, but for now.....

biggrin.gif
 I CAN RIDE!!!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|JustJ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151696145 -->

biggrin.gif

I would think that if it were the tip over switch or the kick stand switch the bike wouldn't run when push started. It has to be one of the interlocks that must be engaged for the starter to run.

JMHO
Don

Just an FYI  I had similiar problem.  Everything looked good but the bike did nothing when I tried to start it.  IT ended up being the clutch switch.  I took it off, cleean the contacts and bet one in a little to ensure a good connection.  Bike starts up with no problem.  I did order a new one, but for now.....

biggrin.gif
 I CAN RIDE!!!
biggrin.gif
+1 had the same prob yesterday...... thanks for the tip

biggrin.gif

Jtonda - Glad I could be of assistance. It was such an easy solution to an aggravating problem.

Back