Busa vs. ZX13.5

lurk.gif

Who cares it's got 100 more cc's? I dont,cant wait till one hits the streets over here so I can.......
super.gif

NL5.jpg

(nitrousjunkie @ Nov. 19 2006,08:41) Who cares it's got 100 more cc's? I dont,cant wait till one hits the streets over here so I can.......
super.gif

NL5.jpg
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="middle" align="left">That BIKE is NICCCCEEEE[/QUOTE]

I recently rode a 14 when I was trying to decide what my next bike was going to actually be, I definetly wasnt impressed enough to trade in my 01 busa. {and I really didnt want to wait until 08 to get a new bike}
Personally I think if Kawi was just going to match the busa's #'s they should have made this bike 8 years ago.
But we also have to be logical about this, we are approachig 200hp out of the box, how far can you go before your making a bike that wont sell because its too aggresive. Sure there are a handfull of us that want the 450lb 225hp sport bike but not enough to finance the R&D and Production of the bike. Personally I decided to get the best deal I could on a low mile 06 and throw a cheap turbo on it. So for a few hundred bucks less than a new 14 I'll have a mildly fast bike.
super.gif

BUT --IMO- it all boils down to what you ride, if you are a Zuki guy buy a busa if you are a kawi guy buy the 14.
PLUS I think THE BUSA IS JUST PLAIN BETTER LOOKING, I COULDN'T STAND THAT INTERGRATED TAIL SECTION ON THE ZZR WHY WOULD THEY PUT THAT ON THE 14.
rant.gif
.. It just reminds me of my grand fathers Conocours way to much..
ANYWAY thats just my opinion..... to each his own----
beerchug.gif

I've followed all the stock comparisons I can find. The busa is simply an incredible piece of engineering! Busa symmetry is unbeatable. Performance sounds largely based on rider.
bowdown.gif

(1300hemibusa @ Nov. 08 2006,09:02) I agree it's the riders race ...If skills are the same the zx14 will come out on top ...I have only lost to one busa  at the track and i have racing some pretty tricked out Busas ...Two had spray and one of them had a long arm and drag slick.....Best race i had was a Busa with a built motor, 10 inches over, Muzzy side winder and race fuel..This was not a street bike, it had no tag and was slammed in the weeds ...He ran a 9.20 to my 9.25 , i had a bit more MPH than he did but he did ET quicker ....But remember i have an untouched motor and stock wheel base and run pump gas ...This Busa rider was a pro and was a very small guy...Not some 250 pounder...If you go to the track and talk smack about how fast your Busa is make sure the guy on the zx14 is not a good rider or you will be getting your ass handed to you...
beerchug.gif
You're running 9.2 on a STOCK ZX14? Or according to your sig 9.18?
This is on a bike with an "untouched motor", stock wheel base and pump gas, right?

(Turbo-Torch @ Nov. 23 2006,10:44)
(1300hemibusa @ Nov. 08 2006,09:02) I agree it's the riders race ...If skills are the same the zx14 will come out on top ...I have only lost to one busa  at the track and i have racing some pretty tricked out Busas ...Two had spray and one of them had a long arm and drag slick.....Best race i had was a Busa with a built motor, 10 inches over, Muzzy side winder and race fuel..This was not a street bike, it had no tag and was slammed in the weeds ...He ran a 9.20 to my 9.25 , i had a bit more MPH than he did but he did ET quicker ....But remember i have an untouched motor and stock wheel base and run pump gas ...This Busa rider was a pro and was a very small guy...Not some 250 pounder...If you go to the track and talk smack about how fast your Busa is make sure the guy on the zx14 is not a good rider or you will be getting your ass handed to you...
beerchug.gif
You're running 9.2 on a STOCK ZX14?  Or according to your sig 9.18?
This is on a bike with an "untouched motor", stock wheel base and pump gas, right?
My best pass to date is a 9.18 @ 152 and change..
That's an untouched motor with 2500 miles on 89 pump gas, stock Battax tire @ 36 psi and stock 17/41 gears.
 My mods are lowered, strapped,Brocks Smeg ,P/C and Brocks street meg Map , Muzzy air shifter..No other tricks...
zx14lees.jpg

Here is the run down on that 9.18 pass...

60 foot .....1.55
330 ...........4.01
1/8 ET.......5.99
1/8 MPH...123.96
1000 foot ...7.71
1/4 mile ET .9.18
1/4 MPH....152.33

Back