Am I the only one

blazzinbird

Registered
Who Actually likes the new busa? I mean it needs some work but there are worse thngs out there. v-rod for one. ZX13.5 as well

bro, id ride it...... there are a few things that need to be done mod wise, but these are common mods that most of us do anyways. u figure with a full 4-1 exhaust, solid map, airbox mod, and a few other small things, obtaining 200rwhp should be easy.

lose the shovel off the tail and all is good.

i like the bike. just needs someone's quality touch...

I'd like to get my hands on one and mod it some more to my liking...

And I want to ride on one...
cool.gif

Specs actually said that they've improved the ride for passengers...let me go find that info...

Not much, but from Suzuki's media site:

"Passenger seat and rear subframe are lowered for improved passenger comfort"

I like it. As with anything new the negatives are always pointed out.

Good luck modifying exhaust with closed loop FI and catalytic converter. Mode selector is useless IMO on 1K07 and will be useless on new Busa.
They just forgot to install shaft drive and make if a 100% tourer.

I`d buy a Kawa`s new Concourse instead.

I'm with ya, I love the new Bu Bu. Can't satisfy everyone, as poste earlier everyone created in their own minds what the new bike would be like. Well that's a set up for disappointment. I like everything about it except the fact that it probably won't end up in my storage unit right now.

(blazzinbird @ Jun. 28 2007,09:38) Who Actually likes the new busa? I mean it needs some work but there are worse thngs out there. v-rod for one. ZX13.5 as well
wink.gif
ZX13.5! I like this guy!

Hmm,, should we call the new Busa a 13.4 or because it is this side of the half mark,, just stick with the 1300?

And because they didn't call it a 1400 because,,, a '1352' for someone else would certainly be cause for that! For that we will just stick to calling "ours" the 1300! ,,, even though the ZX13.5 is going to take a pounding at the track.

Hey, Suzuki, it isn't like you had any problem trouncing that bike in the corners anyway so,, thanks for addressing the raise in higher 179(+/-) rwhp/110lbs.ft. torque numbers (compared to ZX14's (170 hp/104 ft.-lbs) so the title can rightfullly come back home without contention.

With these new aerodynamics that, I am sure, have countless amounts of hours tooling the best out of the body work,,, I can't wait to see how this will work out at Bonneville when someone rings this puppy out!
ClayMockUp21183050090.jpg

Speedking is probably already has a big pool of drool in front of him!

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 28 2007,09:59) Good luck modifying exhaust with closed loop FI and catalytic converter.  Mode selector is useless  IMO on 1K07 and will be useless on new Busa.
They just forgot to install shaft drive and make if a 100% tourer.

I`d buy a Kawa`s new Concourse instead.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you Vic. I think Suzuki is trying to attract a larger gathering of prospective buyers by appealing more to the touring/cruiser crowd. IE, taller windscreen, over two inches longer, 7 more pounds added to an already overweight first generation busa and lastly, a rear end view that, IMO, will appeal to the M109R/Harley types moreso that diehard busa owners.
Most posters already have the new busa back on top of the heap, surpassing the ZX-14 in quickness! We'll see about that when they actually get a chance to square off at the dragstrip, stock vs stock. Should be interesting!

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 28 2007,09:59) Good luck modifying exhaust with closed loop FI and catalytic converter.
Just wondering why? Not being a smart a$$. isn't it basically just like removing the PAIR, Cat, and old pipe.

Add new pipe, PCIII (or whatever they call it for an '08) and re-tuning it?

I belive just like everything, some company out there will have a fix for everything, smaller windscreens, ect......

(Cykill @ Jun. 28 2007,13:00)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 28 2007,09:59) Good luck modifying exhaust with closed loop FI and catalytic converter.
Just wondering why? Not being a smart a$$. isn't it basically just like removing the PAIR, Cat, and old pipe.

Add new pipe, PCIII (or whatever they call it for an '08) and re-tuning it?
Very careful control of the air-to-fuel ratio is required for the catalytic converter to be effective. Oxygen sensors monitor the amount of oxygen in the exhaust, and the engine control unit uses this information to adjust the air-to-fuel ratio in real-time. This is called closed loop control. Now imagine if you disconnect O2 sensor in your car. You gonna get Check Engine light and A/F ratio switches to default mode.

I dunno how this executed in new Busa but I`m 100% positive it harder to override and more expensive for sure.

Closed loop system is great for fuel economy and emission control. the questions is do we really care about those two when we want to go fast.

Aftermarket will find a solution for that at owner expense of course.

Back