Am I the only one

I do like it, mostly the front end and the colors. The rear end, ehh, its weird but I bet it'll grow on us, and it can be changed if you really hate it.

More power is good, but personally my Busa is plenty fast for me. Another 20hp would be sick, and i'm not one to go and buy a bike just because its "faster" than the ZX14R. They are all fast, and you can make them faster with mods.

Am I going to sell my '03 for an '08? No.... I love my bike and I'm glad Suzuki didn't totally redesign the Busa for '08, making ours worthless and for us all to want to go and buy a new one. A few changes is good news in my book, that proves how good a bike we already had!!!!!!!!

Jesus Vic, there are still TONS of now obsolete Busas out there and by this time next year there will be even more of them on the market so you'll be way good to go. Oh, and automotive hot rodders did not throw up their hands when cats came out on them what.... back in the 80s?

I completely agree with Cycle World's analysis and I think the upgrades are ample (to keep the price down), I think the engine is gonna scream and as with anything, changes take getting used to, especially with this demographic.

Could they have made a 2200cc motor with that runs on alcohol and hits 300mph in a city block, he** yeah, but they'd only have orders for two of them, Jay Leno and RayBusa!

To answer the original question, no, you are not alone. I think Suzuki did a good job with the upgrades and I cant wait to see the results of some dyno tuning!

I want one, but I need red....

I'm not sure at all how "tuneable" this thing is gonna be with that closed loop system. I think it my be a bag of worms to put an aftermarket system on this thing. Waiting to see... BTW, if I can't "mod" it, then I don't want it.
lurk.gif

(YH2K @ Jun. 28 2007,13:48) I cant wait to see the results of some dyno tuning!
yeah... me too.
You put it on the dyno and decided to increase some fuel at 5k rpm so your A/F ratio would be 13.2 at that point. great, you just increased certain field by 2. Then what happened?
O2 sensor reported to ECU that bike running rich and decreased it back...

I`m not the hater here. I think Hayabusa evolution was very logical. New owners will appreciate that bike will start without fast idle and stink less when running in the garage ( I`m not sure if anybody noticed, no fast idle lever)

New wheels is nice and ugly muffler has rivets on it so they could be drilled and can shortened.

Integrated directionals has to be 9 inches apart by law. At least they can be kept and legal. Tail light resemble headlight, same shape as far as I can see.

More openings in fairing is good for cooling and 2nd fan is a plus.

Slight price increase is understandable, considering how many new pieces it has.

I realy like the bike. I am already saving pennies. But it will take a few years. I knda hope that the put out a white and grey one in 2010, cause that's when I will be buying. Besides gives the world time to get the aftermarket ready. I am not buying another bike until I have all the mods I want in the garage before I buy the bike. Well maybee I can wait that long. Personally I can not wait to through my leg over this bad boy. But I aint never getting rid of my 05. Just gonna own 2.

All closed loop FI goes to open loop under WOT and ignores the O2 sensor(s) and goes to "full rich" and commands an AFR thats richer then when in closed loop. Closed loop targets 14.7 afr, while WOT is programmed for the 12-13 afr for max power. Modifying a closed loop system (with the right tools) is no big deal. The cat converter is there AFTER the O2 sensor, so does not affect the tune, only 'cleans up' the exhaust gases.

(JuiceSC @ Jun. 29 2007,10:23) All closed loop FI goes to open loop under WOT and ignores the O2 sensor(s) and goes to "full rich" and commands an AFR thats richer then when in closed loop. Closed loop targets 14.7 afr, while WOT is programmed for the 12-13 afr for max power. Modifying a closed loop system (with the right tools) is no big deal. The cat converter is there AFTER the O2 sensor, so does not affect the tune, only 'cleans up' the exhaust gases.
Right tools is rite
rock.gif
Where as the open one now will run just fine no matter the exhaust and minor intake mods. This is going to be touchy as the 07 Gixxers or Yama's / Ninja's! Fool with these and your titaniums will be trash. Limited codes kept now, With the bigger bits they will be able to tell a history. Look out for warranty woe's with any mods to these! JMO
crazy.gif

(JuiceSC @ Jun. 29 2007,08:23) All closed loop FI goes to open loop under WOT and ignores the O2 sensor(s) and goes to "full rich" and commands an AFR thats richer then when in closed loop. Closed loop targets 14.7 afr, while WOT is programmed for the 12-13 afr for max power. Modifying a closed loop system (with the right tools) is no big deal. The cat converter is there AFTER the O2 sensor, so does not affect the tune, only 'cleans up' the exhaust gases.
I don`t know about you but I ride with WOT 1%-2% of the time, you know, on the street.

Anything could be done, aftermarket engine management system for $3000, etc....

I bet that closed loop will run extremely well without PCIII or whatever will be on the market by that time.

A set of slip ons could be installed with no problem and full system with O2 sensor welded will be available from major companies.

My point is that not gonna be easy anymore. Forget about turbo or NOS without HUGE investments.

Lets wait and see what Velocity, Brock and others guys will do with it.

(blazzinbird @ Jun. 28 2007,09:38) Who Actually likes the new busa?  I mean it needs some work but there are worse thngs out there. v-rod for one.  ZX13.5 as well
Most all the local forum members in the San Francisco Bay area with an opinion seem to think it has real potential as a really cute drag queen.  
tounge.gif

So you think I'm kidding?

South Bay Riders

BARF

Lee's performance is tuning 07' 1k gixxer all day long no problem. Cat? I'm ditching it with a full system soon after i get mine.

(newmill @ Jun. 29 2007,10:flamethrowing:)
(blazzinbird @ Jun. 28 2007,09:38) Who Actually likes the new busa? I mean it needs some work but there are worse thngs out there. v-rod for one. ZX13.5 as well
Most all the local forum members in the San Francisco Bay area with an opinion seem to think it has real potential as a really cute drag queen.
tounge.gif

So you think I'm kidding?

South Bay Riders

BARF
San Fransisco? No wonder it looks gay....
jump9.gif

I love it! I will be getting one to go with my '05LE, or should I say my wife's soon to be inherited '05LE!

Back