busa vs zx12r

busabuild

Registered
i just drove a zx12r today ..the thing is fast . flip of a throttle its like a beast with too much torque. its scary to me. my question is anyone ever ride one and ride a busa? is the busa just as fast or is it the same? does the busa go with the throttle barely open like the zx12r?

sorry,never rode a 12r.At first the busa seemed scary fast and real torque monster.But now I'm use to it.And want more.Believe it or not you do get used to the power.The busa has more torque.By the numbers anyway.

I've rode both, including a ZX-14. The 12 and the Busa are both very fast but feel different under acceleration. The 14 was wicked fast, but I think the Busa is the best of all three, and it accelerates smoother with plenty of power. I beat the 12 off the line, and top end (I have a TRE, he he), never raced against a 14 yet.

P.

The relationship between the twistgrip, injectors and motor response has been criticized by magazine testers since the 12 was originally introduced. That's why the bike's throttle control ratio was softened up in its last 2 model years (per a european magazine I read). I also believe that's why Kawasaki dampened up the electronics on the 1st gear "out of the hole" response on the ZX-14...I hate that, it's like they don't trust the buyer to be capable enough with his/her own skill. Oh well, I take solice in my "unbridled" Busa and am very satisfied.

This one of my favorite comparison videos of the Busa and ZX-12R..   This answers most questions regarding the differences between these awesome motorcycles..  
cool.gif

2000 comparison between ZX-12R vs Hayabusa !!

I've ran with a couple of 14's. If I had the jump I won. If they had the jump they won. I couldn't pass them, but they weren't pulling away either. pretty even

(Postal @ Apr. 20 2007,16:55) I've rode both, including a ZX-14. The 12 and the Busa are both very fast but feel different under acceleration. The 14 was wicked fast, but I think the Busa is the best of all three, and it accelerates smoother with plenty of power. I beat the 12 off the line, and top end (I have a TRE, he he), never raced against a 14 yet.

P.
I have to agree with Postal on this one. Exactly my thoughts on the Busa vs ZX12 issue. I find that the 12 isn't as torquey down low as the Busa. To me, it's almost like riding a bike with a turbo. The torque seems to kick-in all at one time, and it's pretty awesome.

I ride with a friend who has a ZX-12. Two things that he said, with all due respect, that may sum it up; he made a comment that when we’d roll on the throttle that he needs to down shift like I do in order to keep up with the Hayabusa. I never down shifted, and found it a bit irritating that he said that without asking if I downshifted to accelerate. Ego’s fear, I’m sure. Secondly, he once said amongst the group when we first started riding together that his next motorcycle was going to be a Hayabusa after having ridden next to the Hayabusa. Check out Nickslick.com sometime; he had a ZX-12 and converted. The ZX-12 is an awesome ride. However, the Hayabusa seems to keep proving itself beyond awesome. No matter what happens in the world of Super bikes, what other motorcycle has remained almost unchanged for at least eight years? The ZX-14 seems to have brought out some concerns, but mod your Busa and you’re on the track to more performance than the ZX-14, once again, with all respect. Too wordy, but just one’s perspective.

I've ridden both, and I must say it's fast. The zx12r is a beast but the busa has better high end. Off the line the busa will get 2 or 3 bike lenghts, but the zx12r will just about catch up. Just like the Busa and ZX14 now, both are badazz, it comes down to the rider.

Watched the video. Better be glad it was a blue and silver Busa they threw out there. Black is by far the fastest colors
laugh.gif

(sccrvettel82 @ May 10 2007,17:53) Busa and ZX-12 come with a 200 rear tire???  Mine had a 190?
Busa comes with 190 rear. ZX-12 comes with a 200 rear.
cool.gif

(dadofthree @ May 10 2007,21:20) Watched the video. Better be glad it was a blue and silver Busa they threw out there. Black is by far the fastest colors  
laugh.gif
I thought that Black was the fastest Busa!
tounge.gif

wop__Small_.JPG

Back