The pilot sport hpx vs power?

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I just was checking on the Michelin site, and noticed they make this tire for the busa, but nobody has mentioned it on here.

Does anyone use it? or tried both?

And what the heck do they mean "designed specifically for the Hayabusa"

"The Pilot Sport HPX is designed specifically for high-speed, highpowered bikes like the CBR1100XX, ZX12R and Hayabusa, where it excels in stability and mileage

I don't think they make the HPX anymore...
rock.gif

It had a stronger casing because of the weight and high speed capability of those
particular bikes....better for high speed, but not as good in the twisties
wink.gif

HPX sucked in my opinion. tooo slippery. most people here run Powers just fine. you will probably never notice or need any difference in design

i ran the hpx's and thought they were great if you do more commuting than canyon riding. when i did take them through some twisties, they were waaaaaaaayy better than Stock tires, but what isn't!! great mileage on them too, but as said before, if you find any, they are leftovers
vic

I swapped my HPXs for powers. The HPXs were better than stock, and I was running 200s - the bike just did not want to lay over. Also, I ran the middle of my rear out pretty quickly on these Fl roads.
The day I got the powers put on, it was a noticable difference, I dropped to 190s and the bike was just more flickable!

My recommendation FWIW - go with the powers!

Back