busa turbo last bit help needed

spart666

Registered
hi guys
last job left to sort out
need to have some indication of when im going to run out of fuel
using motogadget clocks
from what i can make out busa original clocks have a guage and an led warning light that comes on when you are running out
want to use the led warning light i can rig it up to the hazzard warning led on the motogadget clocks
the issue
looking at the wiring diagram i cant tell what color wires go to the fuel light (busa k3/k4)
need to know the positive and negative
any help would be a brill:smile:

I assUme you talking about the LED light in dash? I might guess that it is not wired,but part of circuit board of the dash. Only wires would be the ones that go to dash to from the tank to register how much fuel you have in tank and then the dash activates the light when it's low.

For your sake,I hope I am wrong. Like I said it's just a guess.

A guro will chime in shortly.

+1 I think this is right as well but I can't be 100% sure. I've never ripped the circuit board apart to trace the paths. There for sure is no independent wire from the fuel level sending unit to the LED.
I assUme you talking about the LED light in dash? I might guess that it is not wired,but part of circuit board of the dash. Only wires would be the ones that go to dash to from the tank to register how much fuel you have in tank and then the dash activates the light when it's low.

For your sake,I hope I am wrong. Like I said it's just a guess.

A guro will chime in shortly.

I looked at the circuit for another issue last week and found that black with white stripe is negative, but I'm afraid you're screwed on this one.

According to the diagram, Y/B goes to the gauge cluster and W/B goes somewhere else from the sensor I cant make out. Not sure how to test that to verify.

Back