Busa Problem!

Klong56

Registered
Can anyone help with this problem? I have a 2006 limited edition busa. Yesterday I cranked it and it ran fine. I cut it off to check a vacuum line and replace the fuel line. When I tried to start it back up it would not start. The fuel pump will prime and build fuel pressure to 45lbs which is where it's set to. After that when I turn it over to crank it the pressure drops and the pump will no turn on because the ecu will not send out 12 volts to the pump. Also the ecu will not send out 12 volts to the fuel injectors. If I turn the key switch off or turn the on/off switch off and back on the fuel pump will prime then shut off like normal but when I try to crank it the pressure drops and no voltage is sent to the pump or injectors. Has anyone ever had this problem or have any idea of what might be wrong? I'm thinking the ecu is bad but I don't want to buy one and that not be the problem. Please help...

Clutch switch
Tip Over Sensor Switch
Kickstand Switch

I believe all of these devices feed into the ECU. False positive = no voltage sent.
Experts should be along shortly to emend.
ECU's aren't cheap
[EDIT] Technically, that would be a false negative, I think

Tell us EXACTLY what changes you made when you messed with the fuel line and vacuum line... which vacuum ‘line’, and why?
Which fuel ‘line’, and why?
Don’t go throwing parts at it in the hope that ‘maybe it’s thats the problem’.....
It was running fine..
You did something to it....
It no longer runs.
Work through it, what and why were you playing with it?

This /\ /\ /\ /\ Has to be something simple...bike ran fine, you worked on it and now it doesn't run...I advise retracing your steps.

Can someone please help... my 06 hayabusa is not going past 6000RPMs past second gear. I have the power commandor 5 and change the spark plugs and I cleaned rust out of gas tank. Runs alot better but still not how it should. I think I thought about changing fuel injectors but they're expensive to get originals. Any suggestions?

@Afms787

let the cold motor run at your (issue) 6000 and measure the temps of all 4 pipes and switch off
then let the pipes cool down to environment temps
then move / change the place of the injectors and see if the issue stays at same cyl and its temp or moves when all is cold and you turn throttle so it gets the 6000
then control the downpipes temp again.

same doing then pls
at 2nd the plugs and
at 3rd with the sparks too

allways one step after the other - never all 3 things at same time !

best measure instrument would be a laser based tool.

I'm guessing it sat for a while. Rust in the tank eh.:eek: Does it climb fine to 6K then cough and sputter as it tries to climb higher? Or does it just quit like the key was turned off? My guess it's the first symptom. Try a new fuel filter and clean all the injectors. If you can't do it yourself,there are places that will clean them for not too much money,then re-install with new o-rings. Sounds like things are clogged.
Try that,
Rubb.

Back