busa oil pan

Big D's Busa

Registered
I have stripped my oil pan out, wat would be the best way about going to fixing it?? I see new oil pans on ebay cheap. I just dont know if its alot of stuff to change and how hard is it? Thanks alot guys

helicoil will fixit better than new for under 20 bucks , and you can get everything you need at a local autoparts store. bring the drain plug and they will hook you up.
beerchug.gif

(johnstein @ Mar. 11 2007,20:32) helicoil  will fixit better than new  for under 20 bucks , and you can get everything you need at a local autoparts store. bring the drain plug and they will hook you up.  
beerchug.gif
+1 NAPA will have it all for a couple of bucks..
If you do take the pan off its pretty easy, theres an oil cooler fitting on it{2 allen bolts} and a radiator bracket{2 more allen bolts}, if the gasket rips grey silicone it.. And watch where the bolts come out some are different sizes...
But I have installed helis with out taking the pans off {most dont take them apart}....
Good luck....

Try these:
Time Serts

go to "products/time serts/metric"

My dad and I used these quite often when I was younger and getting started in building/rebuilding old Harley engines. They are steel thread inserts and actually get flared into the drilled out hole. They work much better than Helicoils.

Are you sure you didn't just destroy the washer?

Help me out here guys, but I think the washer gets compressed and will shred if you overtighten it.

Steel plug.

Aluminum pan.

Very easy to strip out if you don't give it the gentle touch .

Helicoil it.............
super.gif

been there done that just replace pand and dont do it again, if you do then helicoil the old pan and replace again.

Back