Busa Newbie

Bird Hunter

Donating Member
Registered
Hi everybody,

I am new to Busa land, and I love it already !!  I am a Blackbird convert (2001-Candy apple red), and as much as I loved my Bird, I love Miss Busa even more (I didn't think it was possible!). I just bought her on the 31st of October (2008 Graphite), and was able to put 700 miles on her in the 3 days before I had to leave for work.  
laugh.gif
 I can't wait to get back home and take her out for some much needed "Busa Therapy"... I only have some pic's of me on her, so when I get home I will take some of her by herself and post them. (She is still completely stock).

Pictures of any variety will be required. Better hurry!

Welcome to the .ORG, bro.

Scar

Let us know if you think the Bird is smoother than the Busa. Back in the day 01-02 all of the boards were praising the XX as the better tourer for the smoothness of the honda engine, but also added that the smoothness also meant less character. Ive never been on a Bird, but often think about what bike would be in the garage if the Bird was still sold today.

I often tell people that I didnt set out to buy the fastest bike in the land, but the busa has a larger community online, the bike still is sold in the states, has more market support and it has resell-ability.

I like touring and forgetting that there's a bike below me.

Let us know if you think the Bird is smoother than the Busa.  Back in the day 01-02 all of the boards were praising the XX as the better tourer for the smoothness of the honda engine, but also added that the smoothness also meant less character.  Ive never been on a Bird, but often think about what bike would be in the garage if the Bird was still sold today.  

I often tell people that I didnt set out to buy the fastest bike in the land, but the busa has a larger community online, the bike still is sold in the states, has more market support and it has resell-ability.  

I like touring and forgetting that there's a bike below me.
Well, the Bird was definitely a smoother riding bike, both in suspension as well as the engine... The bird had a slightly heavier feeling on her front end though, and had a tendency to feel like she wanted to dive a little into slow speed turns, as well as her center of gravity feeling higher (which no doubt attributed to the tendency to want to dive). She also is not quite as comfortable for me as the Busa's riding position is. The bird to me is an excellent bike though, and I think if Honda would have practiced continous improvement with her every year, and continued building her, she would be an incredible bike (and the only bike) I would want outside of Miss Busa today... As far as the Bird having less character because of the smoothness of the ride and engine........ I only have 700 miles on Miss Busa, and let me tell you..... I am hooked like a blue fin tuna sounding in deep water !!!!!
woot.gif
I LOVE the somewhat rugged, vibrating feel she gives off at high RPM and speed when that motor is winding up and she just keeps pulling for what seems like forever !!!!
kickass.gif
She definitely has more character, and after riding her, I know I am a "Character" freak now !!! hahaha

To end this rant, I will say that I would be extremely proud to have both bikes in my stable, and they both have a place in my heart.....
bowdown.gif

Welcome to the oRg my friend! You will find this is a great community of Busa and non Busa riders. Cant wait for the pics!
beerchug.gif

Welcome to the madness!

And the insanity!

--Wag--

Back