Busa Buggy

MiniBuggy

Registered
Are there any members on here who run these motors in off road applications? I am 100% sold on a Gen1 Hayabusa for my project.

I would greatly appreciate your input on which year(s) would maybe have a feature here or there that would be beneficial for a non motorcycle application. Also, where can a guy find an engine kit for a decent price. Sellers on eBay are very proud of what they've got. Is there a reputable company that parts bikes or would I be just as well to buy a good running bike, take what I need and part the rest out?

I will keep the post pure to Hayabusa questions and leave the offroad fabrication stuff out. So if you guys have any input I would be very grateful for any write ups or stickies you may be aware of!

Thank you much,

Cody D.

:welcome: to the ORG.

there are plenty of folks that use Hayabusa engines in sandrails and off road buggies.
a mostly stock Gen 1 engine puts out about 175hp. they can be supercharged and more commonly turbo charged up to 600hp.

most I see have a stage 2 turbo on it pumped up to about 300hp.

I would suggest you check insurance auctions and salvage yards for a good engine. then have someone like Powerhouse build it for you.

I say Gen 1 because....well, because, that's what all the turbo guys say. :laugh:

good luck.

and start a build thread when you get going. 2-3- or 4 wheels, if it has a Hayabusa engine, WE LIKE IT! :beerchug:

What's Your Location? Depending on budget i may have something and can tech support it from the pallet to running...

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am finding lots of good stuff in the all motor threads so far.. Great forum!

I am located near Kansas City MO.

I will certainly get some pics up when these are a little further along! Just getting started on the two chassis and a few parts I've machined... Anxiously awaiting a good deal on a motor!

Thank you all for your replies

Cody D.

For a gen1 engine an 02 to 07 is the best bet.
The 99-01 have different ecu's. The 99-01 can have the ecu, rotor and a couple other parts swapped out to the 02-07.
The 02 to 07 ecu's can be flashed with Ecu Editor software, and make many changes/adjustments.

Back