Will 02 parts fit an 05?

J'Man

Registered
Found a good deal on a 2002 Hayabusa with a blown motor. My question is will the fairings, forks, and other parts fit my 05? Are there any parts that are different that I can't use? I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying or not. I was thinking all the parts are interchangeable, but wasn't sure.

Thanks for any input.

What is wrong with your '05 that you need to buy a parts bike? What blew on the motor that is in the '02?

What is wrong with your '05 that you need to buy a parts bike? What blew on the motor that is in the '02?

Yeah the motor is blown on the 02 that I'm looking at. Currently my motor is fine, however this bike has custom painted fairings that are in excellent shape and mine have some rash on them. I could also use the front forks since the guy that had it before me laid it over and bent them slightly. I figured if I could get a good enough deal on the bike I would use what I need then put the rest of the parts on ebay or craigslist and/or donate some to the board.

Cool, thanks everyone. As always you guys have been much help. :thumbsup:

Keep a watch on the "pay it forward thread". If I can get the deal worked out I'll post some of the stuff up I plan to donate.

Back