Busa blows away everything

OB_zldrider

Registered
Well, I finally got a chance to try out the Busa on some dry curvy roads (Seattle has been socked in with rain for months). ;-(

We have a group at work that rides to lunch on Fridays. Several of which race bikes. Nice tight curvy backroads out in a farming valley. Perfect.

I took the lead and there were two Aprilla Superbikes behind me with about 20 more riders strung out behind them - all makes and models but no Z12.

Anyway, the busa left all of them in the dust. I mean, I couldn't even see them back there after the first mile. I was pretty shocked because I didn't think I had been pushing it that hard and I know I'm not that good of a rider. But this bike more than makes up for my lack of skill in that area.

I was parked and sitting on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant with my helmet off before I even saw the first bike come into view. Talk about a **** -eating grin on my face, whew!

I am more and more impressed with this bike everytime I take it out.

Next week, it's CLASS for two days at Laguna Seca. I just wish that they had a Busa in their stable. ;-)

Keep the rubber part down.

Joe Zulaski

P.S. I'm going to have to start working on some wheelies. Never done one with this heavy a bike before but I know it's more than capable. I just hope I am.

If you are impressed by the Busa with OEM tires, you'll be lovin' it with a set of Pilots or MEZ3's. Have fun at CLASS.

These things are ha ha ha's .
ZID you got yours last year about when I did.
The bike isn't slower, you've just caught up to it some!!!
PS wheelies are difficult with this bike. It might have something to do with the high speed stability. And my general squidliness.

[This message has been edited by tinhead (edited 08 April 2000).]

Odd, way ahead of you. I got the Pilot's put on around January. Just haven't had a good sunny day off to try them.

Tin, I'm just kidding about the wheelies. I wouldn't want to mess up the Busa's suspension.

Joe

BULL-LONEY wheelies are hard on this bike. Take it to four grand in first gear (a freeway onramp is the best place), and whack the throttle wide open. When the front wheel is high enough off the ground to satisfy you, make a quick shift to second and be on your way. You don't have to do anything...just don't loop it. You'll get smoother with the shift and set-down with some practice.

Back