Saw a Copper Busa in Calgary Saturday...

OB_zldrider

Registered
I was in Calgary, Alberta last Saturday visiting Dave Anderson of Anderwerks Motorad Spezialists and saw a Copper Busa heading North on Deerfoot Trail (highway 2).

Anyone from the list here?

Just curious.

Joe Zulaski

How many coppers were sold? I've never even seen one here in Atlanta...if I do...wickedspeed, I'll be calling!!!

Anderwerks Motorad Spezialists??

Isn't Paul Shore a new partner out there? He came from Winnipeg Harley-Davidson?

Tell him Andy Jones says hi! I used to be one of his sales reps...I now work for Parts Canada/Power Twins.

Snag, I'll be up at Argyle's on June 15th, 16th, and 18th riding in the Alberta 2000. But, I won't be on my Busa for that. I ride an ST1100 for my long distance rallies.

I actually live in the Seattle, WA area but I'm putting on an LD rally that will have the first checkpoint at Anderwerks in Calgary. So, I was meeting with them last weekend when I saw the Copper Busa.

Bulldog, I just met a Paul at Anderwerks while I was there. Must be the same guy. I mainly dealing with a Dave Anderson.

I'll try to remember to say, "hi" when I see them in June.

Take care,

Joe Zulaski

I have a copper Busa in Toronto. I went for a quick drive on the weekend, its possible I passed through Calgary and didn't realize it.
Things were flying by so fast...

Snag, I'm in Calgary. Same bike as yours. Bought it from a farmer in Red Deer. If I could arrange it I would buy all my used bikes from this guy. I've seen a black and a blue Busa in Calgary, but no copper machines like mine.

If you are in the Calgary area sometime let me know and we can go for a ride. I always head to the mountains as I tend to avoid the flats.

Might be going for a ride to Revelstoke then south this wknd if time permits. Got some buddies who are going on a 3 day ride through BC and Montana.

Go right ahead and ask questions. The guys on this board know plenty.

Questions:

I have a couple of clunks in the bike. The first one is up around the steering head and happens over low speed bumps. I've read in the posts that it is the steering damper, any comments?

The second is a clunk down low on the left side near the front sproket, it happens during initial clutch engagement off the line.

The third is the clutch hydraulic fluid, it is a pukey shade of brown. I've read in the posts that it may be caused by heat. Any serious consequences if the fluid is not changed immediately?

zldrider:

Give me a time at Argyll Motorsports on the 15th - 17th, I would like to say hello.

Canuckbusa:

I'm going to be in Calgary for the Nationals on the 10th and 11th. I'm probably driving my Suburban with my boy, not the Hayabusa, but I wouldn't mind chewing the fat over a beer.

Juanski:

Speed junkie or just a 70's flashback? I don't think that it was Calgary that you passed through, I'd heard Suzuki put govenors on Ontario bikes so you could still drive them on the 401. Personally, mine feels like it's powered by a small, but efficient nuclear reactor.

zldrider:

I live in Edmonton and have just bought a copper Hayabusa. When I was looking (didn't think I would find one), Dave from Argyll Motorsports in Edmonton said he thought that the ratio was about 1:3 for copper in 1999. Dave figured there were only about six Hayabusas sold in Edmonton in 1999. Six in Edmonton probably means 10 in Calgary (all that oil dough, no playoff hockey to watch). According to both Aberta Cycle and Argyll Motorsports, the attrition rate has been high on both the blacks and coppers, so the '99s are fairly rare already.

The bike's a blast!! I would be interested in hearing from any Alberta owners, I've got some questions already.

I haven't noticed any clunks either. I do get the infamous "false neutrals" alot but it's mainly my shifting techniques that cause that.

Snag:

We're supposed to check in at Argyle's starting at 5:30pm on the 16th but I'll be there early. My alloted time to start the rally is 7:18pm.

The finish is back there too on June 17th. Don't know the time yet. They'll be telling us that at the start.

I'll be wearing a black, grey, and Yellow Glover Motorcycle jacket with black Darien pants. I'll probably wear my Silver flip up helmet (yes, like a mirror). That should make it easy for you to spot me. Come say "hi".

Later,

Z

Snag, I have heard the front end clunk also. I believe this is normal, and probably the damper. But someone else probably has a more definitive answer on this.

I haven't noticed clunks down my the front sprocket, but I'll listen a bit more closely on my next ride. The main thing I do notice is some driveline lash when initially opening the throttle, but again that is normal for this bike.

I'll be out of town during the Nationals. But next time you are in Calgary let me know by e-mail. My address is kemppitc@home.com

I also get up to Stony Plain now and again. Send me your e-mail and I'll let you know if I'm headed that way.

Back