THIS IS A TRIP (2)

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Last month (late April), I had another great opportunity for travel...this time to Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Before I left, I posted up to see if anyone there was interested in a meet-n-greet.

Low and behold, I was contacted by Wolfman (Dean) who sent me his number and asked me to ring him up when I got there. After arriving, I phoned him to see what he wanted to do.

Well, he picked me up at my hotel, downtown, and we bombed around Calgary, visiting many of the cycle shops (Suzuki-specific, of course), and went for dinner.

It was an eye-opening experience for me, because their dollar has strengthened against the US dollar yet most of the retailers hadn't price-adjusted for it. The few '08 "Ëœbusas I saw were priced at over $15k. Wholly cr@p!~ I've been searching for a Shoei X-11 Eboz to complement my new (vintage) Red Bull jacket"¦and while at one of the stores, they had one"¦for $989.00. OMG. Remember if you will, that the exchange rate is almost exactly 1:1. It's no wonder that people there are using the internet to get their stuff. Just plain crazy.

Anyway, we'd have dinner two more of the four evenings I was there.

On Saturday, when I was setting up for a show at the Calgary Stampede Grounds, I realized I would run out of time if I couldn't get someone to retrieve my livestock for me. No one at the show could assist, so I called Wolfman to see if he could bear a hand. Without hesitation nor anticipation of payment, Big Bad Wolfwent to the retailer for me, got my display animals, and brought them to the convention center. What a savior! I will never forget your kind generosity throughout, Dean, but specifically for that act. Hopefully I will be able to return the favor someday.

Because of you, my trip to Calgary was a success...but more importantly, it was enjoyable.

From my heart...THANK YOU.

Your friend,

Scar~

Wolfman__Dean__25APR08.jpg

These pix are of the Canadian Rockies...a short drive from Calgary, on my way to Lake Louise (Banff) on Friday preceding the show...

All I can say at every turn is...WOW!

Canadian_Rockies_Scenery__e__06.jpg

That is just beyond beautiful!!
bowdown.gif

Glad Wolfman could help you out too...sounds like a great guy...
beerchug.gif

One of me (taken by yet another tourist) at Lake Louise...

Scar_at_Lake_Louise_4_25_08__e_.jpg

...and lastly (for this purpose...) a pic of me and Wolfman standing next to his pride and joy...the Black and Purple '05 Hayabusa.

Gorgeous...

I know how much love goes into that, brother.

Thanks again for everything...

Wolfman___Scar__Calgary_25APR08__2__.jpg

beerchug.gif
great pics, makes me want to go on the bike. would be a great trip from texas. get to colorado and run the mtns. all the way up. someday

Hats off to Wolfman for keeping the friendship generated on this site going
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
thumb_up.gif

I think Wolfman needs a vacation down south where it is warm this winter!!!!

bowdown.gif

Was a great time meeting you Scar, was a blast hanging with you and sharing the Hayabusa passion with you, seeing some of his video taken from So. Cal after supper on the Thursday,  he can sure ride the canyons.  One day have the funds will definatly make it down south and go riding.  Glad I could lend a hand on Saturday buddy. Oh and Btw last time I checked my bike is a '04 not a '05

great pic's Scar ... cept they look like the Mountins up here.. 2 months ago .. ... less travel .. same Viewing ..
thumb_up.gif

Have never been to that part of Canada. Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful area ain't it ? I went through the Rockies last summer but I was in a car not a bike. Left Vancouver THrough the Okanagan then up to Revelstoke and then on to Calgary. I promised myself that I would ride through on my bike someday. Highway 3 has some nice twistees.

Back