Busa Back From Lee\'s...

bigbusa, if you keep the compression lower then 13:1 the starters are doing fine. Higher then that, then you would have to run a extra battery just for the starter. I went through 2 starters, starter covers, and all the gears before I found that out. Now as long as I keep my 2nd battery full charged then I don't have no problems.

Should be able to use the same battery if you use the larger cables.Kaw 1200 touring bike had that same problem first year and after starter chain went though cases they install larger cables.no more problem.

As it turned out, the Ak made 1hp more up top and the muzzy made 1hp more in the mid.
Effectively a tossup in performance.

Yes I can get Muzzy pipes but I'm currently out of my office .I won't be back in the office till Monday I will post prices then,as for I do not have my priceing info with me for Muzzy pipes.

Frank, cost is also a tossup in full ti with either ti or c/f can. Where the difference comes in is 6lbs as opposed to 13lbs for the ak. Then of course you have the sound. The muzzy sets off car alarms. You know how it is.

Bigabusa, Stock compression and pump gas 93 Octane. Starts fine although it dosn;t like taking off from a light if you have been sitting there for a while, I will have to play twith the PCII to tweak this out.

Back