Lee Shierts, My Busa and other interesting info!!!

G

I went on the Winston Cup circuit with the #7 team for the last 3 races of the year and decided to have Lee do his stage 1 mods and tune my Busa as long as I was going to be in NC anyway. First and foremost Lee is doing fine and should be back burning up the streets and tracks shortly!!! Second, Lee's Perf. is the best at getting hp from these bikes! After his stage 1 mods(airbox mod,rework injection and other secret tricks along with setting the Dyno box up for the Yosh pipe) my bike made 169 rwhp and 104 ft/lbs of tq. It is as smooth and responsive as can be!! These numbers were on his dyno so I will dyno again on the dyno I baselined with here in Ct. My stock numbers were 152 and 96 with the bike very hot and detonating a little. As for the 12r, Lee's people know Gadson and his motor has definatly been apart! Wait for the mag articles to tell the truth. Lee says Kawi's in general make a lot of hp but are usually at there limit and can't be modified to much more. Lee's stage 2 will give you about 185 rwhp and stage 3 about 200 rwhp all from the stock bore and stroke! By the way, anyone have an R6 with a gear change for the street? My brother wants to change his sprocket but can't decide on what to put on for better low end street performance. I will post soon with my new dyno numbers from my local dyno.

RPM, Got some buddies on R6's and F4's. The general street mod seems to be one tooth smaller countershaft sprocket. Went to a fifteen tooth on my 98 GSXR750 with a much nicer punch off the line. Good increase throughout the range really. It will also pull redline in 6th gear easier now.

Lyle: stage 1 costs $500 and stage 2 costs $1500, according them it works out to about $100 for every 1 rwhp.
Jim P: My brother is the truck driver for the race cars and I co-drive on the long runs.
Frank: yes, Mikey W. is the driver
Lamont: I know what you are saying, that is why I am redynoing on the original dyno from the stock runs.

RPMpower: good info, great post!

i agree 100% with lee on the zx-12 & kaw's!

who's been driving the #7 car? (micheal waltrip?)

RPM Power: Don't take this the wrong way but a friend of mine had his busa done at lee's stage 1 mods and on the dyno it was 172 rwhp, but on the track with Lee riding it, it only ran in 1/8 mile 1:55 60ft @ ET 6.19 @ 117.3mph. My busa with same mods different mechanic on dyno 158.9rwhp but ran in 1/8 mile 1:46 60ft @ ET 6.05 @ 118.5.

Lamont

If no allowance is made in the fuel maps for the effect of ramair then a bike can look great on a static dyno and suck on the track.

Back