Busa Back From Lee\'s...

OB_Busa1300

Registered
I just picked mine up from lee the 7th I haven't got to ride it much as it has been snowing off and on here. basicly the as your bike but no air shifter and arm, also a yosh pipe and pc2. supose to be around the same HP but I am going to run it on a friends dynojet 200 in the next few weeks to set a new hp recond on his machine. I had the previous with my Turbo CBR900RR.

[This message has been edited by Busa1300 (edited 11 April 2000).]

Apparently the 12R is sensitive to oil level, this is from dragbike.com:

By dustin clark on Monday, April 10, 2000 - 11:20 pm:

The new zx12 posted a sad and short 151HP in ohio over the weekend. I have yet to here of a BUSA
under 155 with no tweeks and have seen several make tons more with small mods. ask Lee S.

By rickeygadson on Tuesday, April 11, 2000 - 01:06 am:

Check the oil level, I am willing to bet it has too much oil.
The 12 is very oil sensitive, and will lose 10 hp or more by having 1 liter too much oil, has to be in the
middle of the window,no more!

By phil gonesh on Tuesday, April 11, 2000 - 10:06 am:

Hey Rick will the HP's progressively go up as you lower the oil level?

By steve rice on Tuesday, April 11, 2000 - 10:55 am:

I beleive that ring and valve seating will make a big differnce in this motor, with the hard valve seats and
exceptionally hard electrofusion liner, it may take a while longer for every thing to seal properly, at that
point you can expect an increase in output.

What you can expect is a ton of excuses!
Unseen alien limiters, not broken in, restricted gearing, purpose built clogged up exhaust, the weather, elevation (altitude), ignition limiter, bad clutch, bad rider, bad dyno operator, wrong oil level, Suzuki Voodoo spells ..........

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 11 April 2000).]

I picked up my Busa from Lee's yesterday which dynoed at 202 hp. and 115 ft.lbs. of torque with only 80 miles on the odometer but what was more interesting was the dyno numbers of a red ZX12. Here's a laugher... It made a wimpy 148 HP and 80 Ft. Lbs. of torque! Hell, my R1 makes that! **** , why am I riding a 200+ HP Busa when my R1 is just as stout as the 12 plus handles like a rollercoaster! For anyone who wishes to see my dyno chart, send your fax number to: Garyzworld@aol.com

Cyclestuff, I'm using the PC2 and MDBusa I took the Acropovic off when I got home and sent it back to Lees for the Muzzy. The Ack is nice but I'm a chrome freak plus the Muzzy sounds raspier. Lee charges $800 for the Ack pipe and $500 for the Muzzy. MDBusa do I know you?

If you like chrome pipes micron has just come out with a chromed stainless can...has 21/2 inch baffle and is bigger can much like akrapovic....they look great...and the sound is much nicer than with thier old can.

Another monster leaves his hands. This guy is turning out killer busas like their going out of style.

I have the stage 4 kit. 1363cc pistons, cams, porting, 5 angle valve job, Ackrapovic Pipe, Intake and clutch mods. Also, I have a 0 to 6" adjustable swingarm with an air shifter and on board compressor. I left the dyno chart at home so I'll fax them to whomever tomorrow. The bike pulls like a scalded ape from 0 to 150 mph!

Congrats on the new monster. I have a 1390 that is going to hit the street soon with pretty much the same set up but with a single sided swing arm. Did he use a pc2 or a yosh box to dial in your bike. I am making almost 208 hp with the yosh box. I will be changing over to the pc2 in a couple of weeks.

Once he's gotten an earfull of that muzzy he aint gonna consider anything else. 1360, since you already sprang for the AK why dont you go for the muzzy ti and use whatever can you wish. Half the weight of the stainless. Lee bought every one they had.

Mr.GSX1360R(Thompson)how much was your Ackrapovic? I'm thinking about getting one.
I'll see you down Budds or Capitol.

Sorry Frank, I sent it to someone who I thought would scan it and post it here on the site but apparently they're as illiterate as I am with all this computer garbage. I'll try again tomorrow.

Hey Mark, The Muzzy makes one HP. less than the Ack. I took the Ack off because it looks dull in comparison to the Muzzy plus it doesn't sound all that hot.

Back