Busa as a dedicated track bike

tjd

Registered
I will doing my first track day this summer. If I like it, I will I would want a dedicated track bike. I could make a few mod's to my 00 Busa with 22,000 miles, or sell it and buy something else (600, 750). That way, I could always convert it back to street if track stuff doesnt work out.  Is the Busa too much for a "track only" bike? Any opinions?

I agree with with EtrnlSoldier. The Busa is a very satisfying track bike with the right mods. But my ideal situation would be to also have a dedicated track bike so I can ride without fear of scratching up the Busa.

-PR

IMHO: Depends on the track. If your gonna muscle that beast around Sears Point (Infineon) you'll hate yourself and the bike by noon time. If its a mostly flat/oval/banked track....
jump9.gif

Yeah I'd say it depends on the track. If it's a tight technical track you'll be on most of the time I'd say you would be much happier on a true Super Sport. Gixer 750 would be my choice without question... If it's a more open high speed sweepers and long straights, I'd say that the Busa would just fine. Mostly though, I'd probably just Get a Gixxer 750... Just an all around Better Track machine, but like the others have said the Busa probably wont do too bad and if you make the right mods it should get around just fine.

If ya want to do track days on a regular basis, get a track only bike. Busa is OK for
the occasional track day...depending on the track
wink.gif

Good for enjoying trackdays, not good enough for racing/competitive trackdays.

Mods to twisty up the busa;

1) weight lose, including rider  
wink.gif

2) +1" raising links, raises the rear.
3) aftermarket suspension;
   a) internals for front forks
   b) rear shock
   c) adjustable steering damper
4) brakes;
   a) ebc hh brakes pads
   b) aftermarket rotors and SS lines.
5) tires, I like 180/55 over 190/50 because there is a larger footprint on the side of the tire.  190/55 would be optimal, but expensive.

6) wheels, the most $$$$ for sure!! But Carbon fiber wheels with a magnesium hub can't be beat!

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151644138 -->

I rode the busa at Road America for 45 minutes and was extremly suprised at how well it did. My main complaint was how tired my arms were by the end. The weight of the busa is almost too much. I also noticed how bad the front brakes are. My track mods will include SS brake lines and better pads. I have added a CF front fender, Marchesini wheels, and Ohlins R/T forks track preped by Kyle Racing with superbike valving and springs. I think the weight will be a big issue though.

Back