Buell pegs for busa...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
When you drop by yer local Harley dealership to pick up the pegs, ummmmmmm, you might want to wear somethin' besides a hayabusa.org cap, hayabusa.org t-shirt, and sweats.
biggrin.gif
Hey, that was what I had on since I was goin' to the gym afterwards. Excellent leg and ab day, by the way.
super.gif

Believe it or not I got some cheerful greetings until they read my shirt and/or hat. Then I got some strange looks and lackluster service.
biggrin.gif
Now, I bet if I had went in jeans with my gut hangin' out over my belt, a Harley t-shirt, a black leather belt with chrome on it, ohhh and GREW a FUGGIN' PONY TAIL AND ZZTOP BEARD (!!!) I would have blended in better! Geeesh, what a crowd in those places!?! Never seen so many GREY pony tails in one place in my entire life!
eek2.gif

Anyway, they didn't have the pegs in stock and said it'd take a week to get 'em. Anybody know of an online source for 'em? Might even find a little cheaper price online. I'm hopin' so anyway...
wink.gif

Just thought I'd give ya a heads up so you can "dress appropriately", or dress like I did and see if you get the same reaction. That might be just as much fun as blendin' in with THAT crowd.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085188402 -->

biggrin.gif

Nah, I walk into the Hardley Stealership and I am really pretty fuggin outta hand if they develop an attitude because I rode in on my Suzuki... Oh yeah, I will park it right in front of the doors. All Black and Sexy... I end up at the local dealership once in awhile with my buddy Seth, seems there is allways something he needs to buy with an emblem on it... Do you know I actually saw a FUGGING HD Emblem shaped sponge wax applicator? Seriously... DAYUM, talk about selling Ice to the Eskimo... fugging hilarious... Anyway, I'll be a sweet heart right up until I get a sideways glance... or some customer starts giving me the stink eye... Then I'll start making fun of all the stupid fuggin black t-shirts, earings, placemats, dog colors, etc... Eventually Seth gets tired of my poop and we can leave... but I ahve allways enjoyed pointing out the holes in the HD argument... YEAH...I will be ordering mine online if I can find them...

what pegs? what do they look like??
this is the first i heard of them
clue me in please

i just ordered mine.. they said a week was normal. .. i was actually thinking of what I shoudl wear.. haha.. i figure i will atleast have the .org hat on.. or be on the bike if the weather is pretty when it comes it..

I've never even been in HD shop.. be different I guess.

i just ordered mine.. they said a week was normal. ..   i was actually thinking of what I shoudl wear.. haha.. i figure i will atleast have the .org hat on.. or be on the bike if the weather is pretty when it comes it..

I've never even been in HD shop.. be different I guess.
Dude, it's definitely different!
eek2.gif
Let us know how you come out.
wink.gif

i went in to my local hardly dealer to visit a friend and i rode my busa i even reved it to about 7k once in front of th door lol
my friend was like wow your brave
wow.gif

You should see the looks you get when you ride up on the Busa in:
Silver Arai F/F helmet
Red/Black Joe Rocket Hard Drive Jacket
Joe Rocket Gloves
Jeans
Boots

Park right in front of the big-azz front window, and walk in.

Then as the helmet comes off, the girls at the counter recognize you as the guy with the full dresser and are trying to figure out if they're all fugged up or something. You walk in and say hello and they're still dumb founded.
laugh.gif

Never got the stares or evil looks, but then again, they know me.
tounge.gif

and Revlis...I have bought more useless crap with H-D on it than I care to admit.
jump9.gif

I've slowed down in the last year or so.
laugh.gif

I think you guys overestimate the Harley hostility towards us. I was in a Harley shop a few weeks ago and a guy in front of and behind the counter were both braggin about the screamin eagle mods his bike had and that he would race him for pink slips. I know the guys down there well but did not know this individual so I smuggly asked if I could take him up on the offer.

He promptly asked what I was going to bring that I thought could compete. Before I could reply the parts guy, who I know, said to him "I don't think you want a piece of what he is riding!" He turns to me and asks what I have. I told him it was a Suzuki Hayabusa. The respect level instantly changed and he said "that's one of the fastest motorcycles in the world!" To which I quickly corrected him and said that "it is the fastest production motorcycle in the world!" We all had a good laugh and he decided racing me was not in his best interest.

Most of these guys are good characters and love bikes. No matter what kind. Don't mean to thred wreck but this was kinda part of the thread. I will be ordering these pegs tomorrow.
smile.gif

You should see the looks you get when you ride up on the Busa in:
 Silver Arai F/F helmet
 Red/Black Joe Rocket Hard Drive Jacket
 Joe Rocket Gloves
 Jeans
 Boots

Park right in front of the big-azz front window, and walk in.

Then as the helmet comes off, the girls at the counter recognize you as the guy with the full dresser and are trying to figure out if they're all fugged up or something.  You walk in and say hello and they're still dumb founded.
laugh.gif

Never got the stares or evil looks, but then again, they know me.
tounge.gif
Speakin' of the girls at the customer service counter, MAN, they had some cuties workin' there!!!
drooling3.gif

Most of these guys are good characters and love bikes.
Yeah, I know. I know a bunch of straight up people who own Harleys and love most all bikes. However, the crowd that was in there yesterday certainly didn't come across as bein' that way. FWIW, there were a bunch of nice ass trucks pullin' nice ass trailers lined up down the side of the building. Must have been a buncha trailer queen owners in there at the same time for something. I think it would have been different had there been a buncha Harleys outside with warm engines.
wink.gif

There's a Hardley dealer just down the street from my mother's house. Think I will have to pay them a visit when I get back. After bein in the desert for a year, I just might have to beyootch slap someone for lookin' the wrong way! J/K

If you guys get down to Gastonia NC sometime stop in Carolina Harley sometime , stop by the service department and say hello . That's where I'll be sitting behind the counter as the asst service manager . Me and the rental agent here ride the mighty BUSA . I do get all kinds of poop from other employees and customers all the time abotu riding a JAP bike but I just kindly ask if they would like to take it to the street and get a little bit of my 175 hp monster and to this day no one has accepted any of my offers .:D But seriously , we dont really mind what you ride as long as you ride .

Back