BT delivers a baby!!!!!!!!!!&#

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
After +/- 11 years of LE I finally ended up delivering a baby this morning. Whew! Talk about a nerve racking experience!
biggrin.gif
The couple was on the way to the hospital when a tire blew out. I was dispatched, along with an ambulance and fire truck. I was first on scene, thinkin' I'd stand by for the ambulance as usual and the Mother says, "The head is tryin' to come out!" I'm like, Oh ####!!!
eek2.gif
Dad was off to the side sayin', "Hurry up, the baby's coming out!" Poor guy was scared shitless. Well, I barely get Mom's pants pulled down and the head pops out! I've never been so scared and so excited in my life! Once the head was out Mom stopped pushing and didn't want to push anymore. Well, after what seemed like WEEKS of coaching by Dr. BT she finally starts pushing again and the tiny little body comes on out about three inches and she stops again saying she can't push anymore. Well, more coaching and another huge push later an apparently healthy and VERY LOUD little guy comes shootin' out like a friggin' rocket.
super.gif
Fire got there about that time and I let them take over with their birthing kit.

I've gotta say that this was probably the most exhilirating experience I've had as an LE. That's the first child delivery I've ever performed. I don't care how many you've watched on TV or in videos, you ain't seen nothin' until you're down there waitin' to catch the baby as it's coming out. Friggin' amazing! It was an awesome relief to hear the little fella cry for the first time. I don't have any real training, but I was pretty sure that hearing it cry was a good thing.
wink.gif
I felt better yet again as his face started to get a little color to it. I've seen lots of horrible things in my career but the worst, bar none, was the time I saw the aftermath of a miscarriage. That tiny, lifeless little fetus will remain burned in my brain forever. As I was delivering this little guy I was so scared that it would be still born or something and I wouldn't know what to do. I just can't express how happy I was to hear that child cry. I can only imagine how it must feel to actually be Mom or Dad and go through all the thoughts I had as "a disinterested third party".
drooling3.gif

Anyway, just thought I'd share the experience. I'm pretty wound up from it so sleep ain't gonna happen for a little bit. Just glad it went as well as it did.
drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

Way to go "Dr Chris" ... good on you bro!! You're right that is one of the most wonderful experiences in the world.

Way to go "Dr Chris" ... good on you bro!! You're right that is one of the most wonderful experiences in the world.
Yeah, I think this has to be the most amazing thing I've ever done in my life. I'm just so glad it came out ok. I think I'll swing by the hospital tonight when I go in and see if I can get a few pics of him.
biggrin.gif

Well Done
beerchug.gif
Glad you're out there Chris.
biggrin.gif

Maybe this can be the new image that's burned in to replace the other one.
wink.gif

Wow! That's really cool. I've got three kids, but the closest I got to the action was holding the video camera.
smile.gif

(They were all C-section, so they'd better not let me help!)

That'll be cool if you can go by the hospital to get a photo. I'm sure they'd like one too.

Wooowww! Great way to go, you already did your own personal training for whenever your real experience comes!!! ;)

I'm proud of you...my friend had her baby boy back in February...I rushed from work to school and then to the hospital and waited for hours...when the baby was finally being born she wanted me to come inside but I didn't have the guts and stayed by the door. I heard everything, just couldn't watch.
sad.gif

I guess I was scared to actually see what will happen to me someday...

To me is hard to hold them when they are so little and fragile, I always think I might break them. I really admire your courage!

.org post extroidinaire,Police Officer,ZX-10R Crazy to Mid-Wife? Whats next BT? Mayor? You got my vote! Great job, you are to be commended!
smile.gif

Baby shot out like a bullet huh
biggrin.gif

Place of birth Sedan? Chevy? Ford? Wonder what they will put on the birth certificate. Anyhow great job. Where was the hubby?

Way to go BT! I have 2 boys and I was right there for both of them being born, It was the most awesome experience I have ever had and do not think anything will beat it. Good job man.

Well, I barely get Mom's pants pulled down [/QUOTE]

in Bufurd T. Justice voice.... "Its okay maam, I'm a offica uh da LAAW!"

you bad baby pimp!
biggrin.gif

Right on, BT!! That is awesome to read, brother!
You are officially.. The Man!!
cool.gif

Git er done BT!!!!

Every time I have to patrol our Southern districts (very remote) I worry about this scenario....

Rock on brotha...

Back