Bt 56 vs bto20 vs bt014

dober

Registered
Hi guys I`m looking for a new rear tire soon.Has anyone tried
the 020 or the 014 ?How do they compare to the bt56?
I must say I`m pretty happy with the BT56.

thanks

Dober

I'd just swap it out with the BT010 or BT56. Then once you wear through that consider moving up to a better tire. Michelin Pilot Powers, or Even Better (My Opinion) Metzler Sportec M-1's (Awesome), OR... EVEN BETTER Metzler's new Sportec M3. Don't short change yourself, give the Metzlers a try for at least one set. You'll prolly be pleased.

Rev

I ran a BT010 after my BT-56 wore out and I was pretty pleased with it. It worked well with the stock Bt56 front. But putting the Metzlers on was a revelation.

The BT014 will last a little longer and grip better. Its a better tire for sure, you should be quite happy with them.

Change the front and rear tires as a set though, dont mix and match tires.

I ran the 020. It lasted about 1000 miles longer than the 56. I didn't notice any difference in handling between the two. My 56 was totally worn, so when the 020 went on, I thought I was riding a different bike.
laugh.gif

you will get less milege out of the lower number 014s being the fastest worn but are the stickest. You need to weight out your ride style if its mainly commuting then the BT56 is a great tire. If you play a little on the weekend and commute then the 020s are great, if your a canyon carver pushing it on the weekend the 014s are yours
smile.gif
That's my 2cents
smile.gif

smile.gif

The BT014 will last a little longer and grip better.  Its a better tire for sure, you should be quite happy with them.

Change the front and rear tires as a set though, dont mix and match tires.
+1 on the change as a set but I'm not sure an 014 will last loinger than a bt56 I'm pretty sure 014s are softer and I've grinded both tires and find the 014 way stickier but wears faster.

I'm on my second set of BT56 OEM and still love'em...

Good milleage and even after grinding hard parts (side stand, panel and stator cover) at the Gap and a few of my favorite local twisties i've never experienced significant loss of grip of what so ever...

I used to have the same tires on my 96 CBR900RR and loved them back then too.

It is mainly a matter of taste and usage... But i think a lot of people prefer tires entirely based on manufacturers reputation or comments they've heard... Rarely based on really being able to compare grip caracteritics.

I use to work at a big motorcycle dealer (Moto Internationale in Montreal) and trust me, the guys who usually talked the more about tires caracteristics were rarely the ones who were actually "really" riding!

My $0,02
smile.gif

my busa is not even a year old yet, had the stock bt's and like them alot, got about 5000 mi on then put on a Metzler Sportec, again another 5000. Liked the BT's better, however I just put a michelin pilot on the rear and so far I love it. It has been great already has about 600 miles on it. Have tried alot of tires on previous bikes so far the michelin seems the best, will let you know with time.

I'm running M-1s lot stickier than the bt56
not going to last as long though I'll prolly go to the M-3 when this set is gone.

ive got the bto14 on my gixxer and love it, its a pretty hard compound but so u can get plenty of miles out of it.. might be a little to hard for the busa... my dad runs pilot power on his busa and loves those

thanks guys for the input.Since my front is good I think
I`ll put on another bt56.Then change front and rear next time
maybe to a 014.

Dober

I just put a set of dulop 208's on mine and can't believe just how much more responsive the bike is..:D
can't say I did'nt like my BT's I got 7500 miles out of them but the 208's do handle a bit better

have fun and ride man ride!!!

Back