BT 016's

The final tally was 1300 miles for the front, the rear has maybe 500 miles or so left in it. Pulled them both off and going back to 2CT's.

The final tally was 1300 miles for the front, the rear has maybe 500 miles or so left in it. Pulled them both off and going back to 2CT's.
pictures please.... I would like to see the tread (or lack of it on the tires)

thx

that mileage is less than I got running a set at Deals Gap and a track day..

Since we are on the subject, can someone compare traction and wear of BT016 vs. BT014? I've been using BT014 for some time and they work great for me. However, they will no longer make them (I think) because I had trouble finding a set a few months ago. So, I would have no choice but switch to something else. Naturally, BT016 would be the first candidate.

Thanks.

When are people going to realize that Bridgestone has the worst lasting tires on the market :banghead:

As soon as you realize the faster a tire wears the more traction it has! :thumbsup:

:poke:

Bridgestone has a wide viriety of tires just like Michelin, Dunlop and Pirelli. You want traction, buy a soft tire! You want high mileage, buy a hard tire. In general, that's the way it works. I reckon what I'm trying to say is, there are no free rides. You don't get traction and long life in the same rubber compound.

Well, based on the mileage that pardini got on his it's obvious that he rides the busa hard way more often than I do, but for the sake of an example, here are some pics of mine. Keep in mind, I do quite a bit of highway riding, but have made a few mountain runs and 3 runs through the dragon on these tires. They have between 6,500-7,000 miles on them right now.

6500-7000miles 001.jpg

6500-7000miles 006.jpg

6500-7000miles 007.jpg

6500-7000miles 009.jpg

Well, based on the mileage that pardini got on his it's obvious that he rides the busa hard way more often than I do, but for the sake of an example, here are some pics of mine. Keep in mind, I do quite a bit of highway riding, but have made a few mountain runs and 3 runs through the dragon on these tires. They have between 6,500-7,000 miles on them right now.

I would have changed that front of yours long ago.

My rear looked similar with 1300, maybe a tad better. My front, much more tread in the center, nothing on the sides at 1300.

Very few straight miles on them, lots of goat trails. If you have seen the roads and pics that Pasnit has posted, that's where I'm playin'.

If I can remember the pic taker and the tires are still around when I fetch the bike, I'll post post my rubber shots.

I would have changed that front of yours long ago.

My rear looked similar with 1300, maybe a tad better. My front, much more tread in the center, nothing on the sides at 1300.

Very few straight miles on them, lots of goat trails. If you have seen the roads and pics that Pasnit has posted, that's where I'm playin'.

If I can remember the pic taker and the tires are still around when I fetch the bike, I'll post post my rubber shots.

Yes, I'm aware it needs to be replaced rather badly. I'm trying to come up with some cash for that right now. As it stands, I don't ride much right now and when I do, it's only in optimum conditions for that exact reason.

Back