BT 016's

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
I've read good reveiws of these tires here. I've got two rides on them so far, near 800 miles. Looks to me like they are wearing super fast on the sides. Running them at 34 front and 36 rear.

A friend has them on his FZ1 and said he got 1700 out of his 1st rear. He was told to bump the pressure up a few pounds and that did seem to add life on the 2nd one.

So for those that are running them, what pressure ya got 'em at and how many miles are you getting out of them?

The way the rear is looking at this point maybe two or three more rides and it will be done.

I love the 16's. Great perfomance tire for both street & track. I got 3K miles on my last set but I've heard of guys who got 5K? I did lunch one set in 1900 miles. Tire wear is totally dependant on your throttle hand and tire pressure.

I run 30 - 30 cold for track use and 32R - 34F for street use. If I'm going on a long trip I'll boost the pressure up to 36 - 36 which makes them run a little cooler and prolongs life.

You won't find any high performance tire that produces good mileage if you are heavy handed. Me, I'm going to a BTO 16 front and BTO 21 rear on my busa as soon as I finish off the current tires.

Wow, I thought my PP 2CT's were wearing quick. I can at least get 6000 to 7000 out of them if I don't slab it too much. I have heard others say the 016's wear quick. The PP 2Ct's are sticky and wear a little better than that, but I ride slabs so much that I don't use the edges enough and get a flat spot in the mid. BUT THAT IS GONNA CHANGE!. I plan on many more twisties and will be getting those edges worn out sooner than the middle. The set I just put on last week has no Chicken strips at all on both sides. I run them at 35 - 37 psi.
Bubba

Last edited:
I have a 16 on the rear about 2k mis. on it still looks new running around 40psi.

I've run several sets of Qualifiers and 2 CT's, have gotten fairly even wear across the width of the tread on them. The life has been low to mid 3K's. It dosent look like the 16 will make 2K on the sides, will probably still have life in the middle.

I do like the feel and handling, it's just that the rubber seems to be disappearing rapidly.

If you are only running them on the street bump them to 37/38. You will not be able to run hard enough on the street to out perform the tire without potentially going to jail.

If you are only running them on the street bump them to 37/38. You will not be able to run hard enough on the street to out perform the tire without potentially going to jail.

I have no doubt that I can't ride hard enough to out perform the tire. I'm still learning. Busa's are great bikes, but they don't turn real well. They're too big and heavy.

I have no doubt that I can't ride hard enough to out perform the tire. I'm still learning. Busa's are great bikes, but they don't turn real well. They're too big and heavy.

You are Still Learning..................::wtf: I Guess I am just a Permanent "C" Rider :dunno: Russ YOU ARE a TRACK Rider. Almost in the OZZ Category. The B16 have NO CHANCE with a Rider Like You.

And NO I am NOT KISSING YOUR :moon:

Give it a few more rides :rofl: You're killing me :laugh:

I've run several sets of Qualifiers and 2 CT's, have gotten fairly even wear across the width of the tread on them. The life has been low to mid 3K's. It dosent look like the 16 will make 2K on the sides, will probably still have life in the middle.

I do like the feel and handling, it's just that the rubber seems to be disappearing rapidly.

I LOVE the Qualifiers, for "all around" tires.

I do want to try the Corsa III's though. How do the BT 016's compare to the Corsa III's ? Or is that like oil ?

Last edited:
Sounds to me like a riding style adjustment... gassing it too much on the exit? have watched some guys that enter corners really slow and then really hammer it out of the corners... (they go through tires like mad too)

Probably the safest way on the street .. However if you start going into corners faster.. (and not suggesting you do).. but then when it comes time to power back up, I bet it is later in the turn as the bike is standing up.. (how it seems to work at the track) and the tire wear will go down

can say one thing, if you ride a lesser tire, you will find out that they spin up a bit sooner and you might find yourself cleaning your shorts...

I had 7000 miles (at 40 lbs) and had to change because of a nail.Had about
1000 left.And I did not really baby it that much.

Just did 1800 miles on mine to Alabama and back for vintage Days at Barber Motorsports Park. Rained most of the way home and they handled the rain and temperature differences just fine.

Last set I giot 10K on the rear. Front exhibited cupping even with the tire pressures on the high side. Wardie

I run ~38#. Run them thin to get 4000. Wear the centers first here (mostly commuting).
Really like the tires.

Back