Brush with death

I've had dealerships put stripped out bolts back on the bike
pissed.gif

When I first bought my bike, I bought the full exhaust and had the dealer install it. They dinged the radiator up and didn't properly align the midpipe to bolt it to the frame
pissed.gif

I've had dealerships put the wrong part on because they were out of stock with the correct one
pissed.gif

I've had dealerships reuse gaskets and seals on a $400+ service, which ended up seeping and making a mess on my engine
pissed.gif

Every single instance above, I had to fight tooth and nail with them to make it right. I wasn't always successful
pissed.gif

I now do all my services myself. Including tappet clearance and throttle synchs.

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 09 2006,23:10) I've had dealerships put stripped out bolts back on the bike  
pissed.gif

When I first bought my bike, I bought the full exhaust and had the dealer install it.  They dinged the radiator up and didn't properly align the midpipe to bolt it to the frame
pissed.gif

I've had dealerships put the wrong part on because they were out of stock with the correct one  
pissed.gif

I've had dealerships reuse gaskets and seals on a $400+ service, which ended up seeping and making a mess on my engine  
pissed.gif

Every single instance above, I had to fight tooth and nail with them to make it right.  I wasn't always successful  
pissed.gif

I now do all my services myself.  Including tappet clearance and throttle synchs.
Dam#!

After reading that and thinking about it, I can't believe I gave the dealerships that many oppurtunities to work on my bike...
crazy.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

Do all the work myself. I once had a service locally and they never tightened the sump plug correctly. I checked it when i got home and it was nearly out. Only a couple of threads left.
Been doin' it myself ever since.

not trying to thread jack, but ...................................

Charles, thats one funny pic in your sig.
SHOCKED.gif

(DaCol. @ Nov. 09 2006,14:59) There's nothing wrong with dealerships
wink.gif
, just remember to check all their work BEFORE riding.
rock.gif
That statement is commonly referred to as an oxymoron. If you feel you have to check the bike their is a problem with any dealership.

Having said that, I would inspect your bike (loose bolts, tire psi, turn signals, etc.) like an aircraft before jumping on and heading out.

(Red05 @ Nov. 09 2006,09:34)
wow.gif

Wow, I do all the work myself as well. Nobody's perfect, but when it's your own butt on the line, it makes one be a little extra careful.
eek2.gif
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

The dealer I go to here in Vegas is a mom and pop shop. I know the guy that works on my Bikes and he is great guy. I would not really take my bike anywhere else, I just don’t trust anyone else with my safety.

I have had bad experiences with dealer service before.

Sounds to me like you have a pretty good dealer. Atleast they accepted the fact that they made a mistake and are willing to repair it without a hassle.

Glad you are ok though!

whew thank god your ok,

i would have put my boot up some mechanics azz for that one...

(badassbusa03 @ Nov. 10 2006,07:20) not trying to thread jack, but ...................................

Charles, thats one funny pic in your sig.  
SHOCKED.gif

OK, its out of my system
firedevil.gif

I know a guy who will never do his own work simply because if something goes wrong, he can blame the other guy. Total lack of willingness to take responsibility.

Oh. Wrong topic/thread!
biggrin.gif

I agree wholeheartedly. Every other time I take the bike in for new tires, they put one on backward.

One time, I took the bike back to have an incorrectly mounted tire remounted and the guy didn't want to rebalance it. I happened to be standing there and said, "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Aren't you going to rebalance it?"

He mumbled something about having marked the tire and remounted it in the exact same position.

I said, "What if it wasn't done right in the first place?" He sullenly marched it over to the balancer and sho' 'nuff; it was way off.

He had the nerve to get pissed off at the guy who had originally worked on the bike. A fight nearly broke out but gawddammit, MY frickin' tire ended up getting done right!

Have to watch 'em at every turn.

I just did rear brakes, new plugs, new Woodcraft stator cover, recheck torques on all bolts on the Busa and new plugs on the Gixxer. Probably worth $300 to $400 in service/labor alone. Niiiiiiice!

But the peace of mind of knowing it was done right. You can't put a price tag on that.

Now I just need to go test drive it today!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

Rule one: Never trust the Dealers wrench... Find a independent mechanic, Dealers always rush their mechanics especially for waranty work...

That was a close call! Glad you are mostly OK.

That's why I always do pre-flight (and post-flight for that matter) inspection. It's a must no matter who worked on the bike.

Back