Brocks airbox mod?

jeremy_283

Registered
I've done my searching and seen no positive YES or NO about doing brocks airbox mod where you completely cut out that center plastic piece of your airbox that is like one big stack....

The full box mod is for racing only (no filter). The small box mod, which is removing the plastic shrouding the filter including the flap and the part below the "step" that retains the filter, is ok on the street. I had the small box mod on my '01 and I had no regrets about doing that. :beerchug:

+1 it's a good mod.
The full box mod is for racing only (no filter). The small box mod, which is removing the plastic shrouding the filter including the flap and the part below the "step" that retains the filter, is ok on the street. I had the small box mod on my '01 and I had no regrets about doing that. :beerchug:

Small box mod with short stacks and a tune would be alright
Posted via Mobile Device

On a stone stock Gen I, I saw no benefits of going with all short stacks on the dyno or on the road/track. Unless you are utilzing Nitrous Oxide keep the stock stack configuration until you start getting into compression and cams. Either way, the small box mod can be good for about 4-5hp with a BMC Race filter. Just my 2 cents.

You will need to tune the part throttle areas in the 2-4k area with the mod otherwise you will have a major stumble when slamming the throttle open.

I have additional pics of the mod if you are interested.

Last edited:
Back