Brett Favre traded to JETS

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
So, according to ESPN, Brett Favre has been traded to the NY Jets for a conditional draft pick for the 2009 season.

I was born and raised in MS, so ever since Brett entered the NFL with Atlanta and was traded to the Packers, I have followed. I hear alot of people giving Brett a hard time for being so undecisive with his retirement, but all I have to say is this: This guy is one of the rare ones. He is a professional football player that just LOVES TO PLAY THE GAME!! He's not the guy you will see on the news about rapin some girl at a nightclub, or being in the midst of a murder investigation. He just loves football! Yes, he did have a rather large "hiccup" with the addiction to pain killers back in the day, and I dont agree with it either. But just look at the passion with which he still plays. YES, he's getting old, but hey, he gets a chance to start a new season with a brand new team and set of teammates just as if he was comin right out of the NFL draft.
thumb_up.gif
I can't wait to see what he can do with his new team.

Never thought i'd say this, but it looks like I will be converted to a Jets fan this year...or just a Favre fan..

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Discuss...

IMHO Brett is one of the GREATEST QB's of all time and just like you Jerry guess I will give the Jets a look this year as well. I mean hell only a few QB's like Farve that have a gun and can run the hell out of a football as well as take a hit and get up and shake it off.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

This could be interesting. It may make the Jets a bit of a threat all of the sudden.

I thought he retired? Hockey is a tough sport... how many innings in the game?

Don't laugh...I am gonna threadjack and tell you my Patrick Ewing story.

Last week I was preparing a contract for a guy named Patrick Ewing, PhD. I told my officemate, this guy is named Patrick Ewing. Angela (the officemate) said "Oh how funny, like the guy from that show DALLAS." I said oh yeah, him too, but I was thinking of the football player from the Dallas Cowboys!

Our co-worker down the hall just shook his head in disgust and informed me that Patrick Ewing is a retired BASKETBALL player. OOPSIE!! hee hee hee

Don't laugh...I am gonna threadjack and tell you my Patrick Ewing story.

Last week I was preparing a contract for a guy named Patrick Ewing, PhD.  I told my officemate, this guy is named Patrick Ewing.  Angela (the officemate) said "Oh how funny, like the guy from that show DALLAS."  I said oh yeah, him too, but I was thinking of the football player from the Dallas Cowboys!

Our co-worker down the hall just shook his head in disgust and informed me that Patrick Ewing is a retired BASKETBALL player.  OOPSIE!!  hee hee hee
WOW..............
laugh.gif
I used to like Brett but since the will i stay or will i go thing for the past four i can't help but think the only person he cares about is himself and not the team

he should have stayed retired from the Packers....now there will always be that time after the packers

EDIT: GO COWBOYS

Dallas_Cowboys.jpg

Yeah, conditions were somethin like this.

I know if the Jets make it to the SuperBowl, the Packers get a 1st round draft pick. There were other terms, like if Brett plays over 70%, they get a guaranteed 3rd round pick, a trip to the playoffs net the Packers a 2nd round pick.

I didnt catch the exact terms, but this is the jist of what I remember from what Chris Mortensen said via phone interview after speaking with the Packers.

I'm glad this is over. I am so sick of hearing about this. He has been pulling this crap the past 4 years. Then he finally retires and is upset because the Packer moved on without him?!?!. This guy is so full of himself its not even funny. He is a tough guy on the field but mentally he is a little girl. It's great his plan backfired. He wanted to go to the Vikings, which would have probably gone to the SuperBowl with him. Instead he goes to the Jets. Hahahahahaha I hope they only win 4 games this year and Farve walks away from the game with his tail between his legs never to be heard from again. I would feel very betrayed if I where a Packers fan.

Now the "Madden Curse" has a chance to come true again.  I thoguht this would be the season it would be broken since Favre is on the cover and WAS retired.  So what do you all think will happen to him?  A major injury that causes him to miss several weeks (at least) or have the worst season of his career?  Hmmmmmmmmm?
lurk.gif

I was born and raised in WI. I think Farve is one of the greatest players in the game. I am not happy about Jets because they plAY nEW England. I will go see him play some more though. I am sorry that he had to go through so much for on again off again.

Favre is a putz/major drama queen look at me...and cried wolf one to many times for attention and it bit him in the azz and he looks like an idiot...

I knew the day he teared up he wasn't going anywhere and was just taking the attention up a notch with the espn tribute bs and the cover of madden, etc.

I do not deny his talent, but he's a self centered terd

nulllike I said before

i lost all respect for him. i hope he flops. wat a minute he with the jets so he will flop
laugh.gif

Brett's Jets, sounds like a superbowl march to me.
beerchug.gif
I'm one of those type that always pulls for the upsets and impossibles, kind of like the Giants beating the Pats after most everyone said impossible. I Would love to see the old putz pull it off even though I hated all the drama it took to get to this point.

Back