Bras for the front of cars??????

doodoggy

Registered
Now putting a tank bra on a bike I can understand...

But why would someone put a leather bra on the front of their car, just above the bumper. I don't know what that part's called. If I had to call it anything, I'd call it a nose...

Anyway, anyone know the use of something like that??? Is it because if you hit a dear, it's easy to throw away/wash the blood off???

It's to prevent rock chips in the paint. There are clear films that can do that job, and they don't look gawdawfulugly like most of the commonly sold bras! IMHO

face7.gif

Have put a few bras on cars before because of rock chips like TruWrecks said. I actually think they look better on cars than they do on bikes because on bikes it takes away from so much of the paint.

Ive heard that if you leave them on a car too long, the paint underneath will get screwed up because of all of the trapped moisture under the bra?? Also, the rest of the car fades except for under the bra.

Ive heard that if you leave them on a car too long, the paint underneath will get screwed up because of all of the trapped moisture under the bra??  Also, the rest of the car fades except for under the bra.
Not so much the moisture, but dust and road grit get under it and act like sandpaper on the finish. Also, cheaper ones do not fit tight to the body, and flap in the breeze, also bad on the finish. The plastic coating stuff (similar to tankslapper) is definitley the way to go to prevent rock chips.

I was never really aware of how much sand and rocks come off those large dump trucks on the interstate until I got the busa.... it's like riding behind a sandblaster

Bras are good when your commuting with a nice paintjob. The daily grind can be hell on paintwork, my favorite is the paint chip halfway up the hood right past the bra.

Back