Brand new and problems?

Mmmm! Love that Yellow Busa! Congrats on the purchase. They sell something that looks like a stethoscope but has a rod on the end (instead of a diaphragm or bell, like an actual stethoscope) and you can put it in your ears and touch the rod to different parts/areas of the bike to narrow down where the sound is coming from (since the metal rod will conduct the sound so nicely and the ear pieces block out other ambient noises). Maybe try something like that?

The fact that it is an unpopular color in your neck of the woods may explain why the dealership can't seem to hear the sound :(

Yes, this bike was bought new in New Zealand, for all the skeptics it came with aftermarket pipes, doublebubble and a tail tidy. You can visit Suzuki New Zealand - Street its called the "suzukifeast" promotion and all gsxr's come with aftermarket pipe for the same price as without.

Sorry if I (or anyone else) offended you.

If you would have posted ALL the info you posted in the last posts you put up, you probably would have gotten
a lot different response from most of us including me.
We (me for sure) are not mind readers. I have never heard of a dealer putting on aftermarket pipes for the same price as stock plus a difference screen and tail.
But then again you didn't let us know that it was a left over 2013. If we had known that, it would have made it more believable that a promotion
was or could have been in place as they were trying to get rid of a 2 year old new bike. Plus in you first post it appears that you also got to keep the stock pipes, right?
If so, then you really got a deal. However the "deal" also has come with a noise your not happy with. So only time will tell if you get it fixed as to how good of a deal it was.

Now for some things to check.
First I would look at the wheels. Especially if they are in balance. There is a small possibility that they are not balanced correctly - maybe just one wheel is out of balance.
How much gas have you run through it. 2 year old gas might make a difference?
Could the brake pads be dragging on the rotors any? Is the rear wheel in perfect alignment? Is the chain to the proper tension?
How many miles are on it? Have you changed the oil yet? Changed my first oil at 500 or 600 miles.

IDK if any of the above could be causing your buzzing sound - but it can't hurt to check.

If the sound is constant that would rule out chain, engine, transmission. Probably not wind related (like a lose part) as that would likely change with speed. Basically that is a real stumper. Never heard of a sound on a bike that didn't change with speed or RPMs.

"It sounds like the buzz of a power transformer on the roadside when you walk past it"

Electrical sound. No change with riding - perhaps slightly louder at higher RPM's. Has to be something electrical (vs mechanical which would vary with speed/RPM), no?

That leaves:

Headlights (always on)
LCD/dash (always on)
Fuel Pump (always on - maybe increases output with RPM's)
Regulator Rectifier
Tail Light
ECU

Find out where the sound is coming from, you've solved your problem. Even placing a long metal rod against the parts you want to check and holding the other to the bone behind your ear (mastoid process of your skull) will transmit the sound clearly and let you figure out what is making the noise. When you've done that, let us know, otherwise it's all conjecture on our end.

the bike is a 2013 limited edition yellow and black which was not popular in my country, so has sat for 2 years, perhaps that could be something to do with it. Thanks very much

Mine was a blue silver 04 model, bought in 04 before the release of the 05's, a current model.

From memory it had Yoshi Tri-ovals, polished rims, black double bubble screen, paddock stand bobbins and a tank pad.
Dealer (Springwood Suzuki) sat it on a turntable in his showroom. It sold (to me) for less than I could have done it, basically the bike at retail and parts at trade. Things like this give the dealer an edge on a rival and make a good conversation piece in the showroom.

Mate bought a fully faired Mk-1 SV650 brand new off the showroom floor (a current model at the time) Suzuki never made one, the fairing lowers were dealer fitted when it was uncrated.

Lots of GSX1400's were sold as the "Yoshi Edition" sitting on the showroom floor with an aftermarket end can they ever had when built.

I didn't realise that it wasn't common in the US, I've seen it done for years.
Interesting how different markets promote.

Sorry if I (or anyone else) offended you.

If you would have posted ALL the info you posted in the last posts you put up, you probably would have gotten
a lot different response from most of us including me.
We (me for sure) are not mind readers. I have never heard of a dealer putting on aftermarket pipes for the same price as stock plus a difference screen and tail.
But then again you didn't let us know that it was a left over 2013. If we had known that, it would have made it more believable that a promotion
was or could have been in place as they were trying to get rid of a 2 year old new bike. Plus in you first post it appears that you also got to keep the stock pipes, right?
If so, then you really got a deal. However the "deal" also has come with a noise your not happy with. So only time will tell if you get it fixed as to how good of a deal it was.

Now for some things to check.
First I would look at the wheels. Especially if they are in balance. There is a small possibility that they are not balanced correctly - maybe just one wheel is out of balance.
How much gas have you run through it. 2 year old gas might make a difference?
Could the brake pads be dragging on the rotors any? Is the rear wheel in perfect alignment? Is the chain to the proper tension?
How many miles are on it? Have you changed the oil yet? Changed my first oil at 500 or 600 miles.

IDK if any of the above could be causing your buzzing sound - but it can't hurt to check.

My apologies for getting off to a bad start with the forum, im a newbee and not clued up with how it all works. I thought I had posted enough information and made an assumption suzuki offered the same deals globally, which I think we have proved isnt often the case. I have not (due to poor weather) had the opportunity to look at any of your suggestions yet, but they will be checked first sunny day! I have put about 300mls on since getting her and no oil change yet, thats due at approx 500mls.

Mmmm! Love that Yellow Busa! Congrats on the purchase. They sell something that looks like a stethoscope but has a rod on the end (instead of a diaphragm or bell, like an actual stethoscope) and you can put it in your ears and touch the rod to different parts/areas of the bike to narrow down where the sound is coming from (since the metal rod will conduct the sound so nicely and the ear pieces block out other ambient noises). Maybe try something like that?

The fact that it is an unpopular color in your neck of the woods may explain why the dealership can't seem to hear the sound :(

I think you maybe onto something...i could be fighting a lost battle with them - I will see what i can do with your suggestion, it makes perfect sense - Thanks again i really appreciate all the response from everyone its been overwhelming to be honest :)

Hi everyone, just giving an update - Still working on this, the bike (after depleting my skillset) now with suzuki dealership to further diagnose. Will keep you all updated once I get notification, cheers

Thank Gawd someone else has this problem, I was beginning to think I was going crazy as nobody else can hear it. My ears start hurting about 10 minutes after riding now. I have an '07, bought used, and it only started this season. I've taken the fairings off and put them back on 3 times AND have had buffers put on the windshield. I thought it was coming from between the forks but when I stand next to it (either side) I can hear it more in the "body". It starts as soon as the bike does and does seem to match the rpms as they go up and down. Just hoping someone else can offer an idea........

Rio

Hi Everyone, so its been awhile, but thought I would post an update. The problem has been fixed, however not solved. Suzuki could not determine the issue and after months without my bike they replaced it completely. Oh how wonderful this new machine is. Its a pleasure to ride. Sorry i cannot offer any further details but seems whatever it was, it was isolated to my particular bike.

Thanks eveyrone for the inputs

Back