Braketech CMC rotors

DJmatt123

Registered
Finally got my rotors back from having the hubs changed over to fit my gen 2. Bikes almost complete, still want to find some ohlins for it.

IMG_4055.jpeg

IMG_4054.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

They are beautiful man , they are also like rocking horse chit , just not available anymore , because not made anymore . I have a set of Sicoms Ceramics instead , ordered for my ZX14R ( 2 year wait maybe ) . I have spent years hunting down a set , second hand even , for the now sold Busa . The Ohlins FGRT208 you after , I just got a set of FGRT221 for my H2 , sourced fro Italy on evilbay , because no one has those in stock . Cheers

Yeah, I got really lucky 8-10 years ago and got the set from a guy who I don't think had any idea what they were. I used them on my gsxr and loved them. I sent them into Braketech and they replaced the carriers to fit the busa. While talking with them, it sounds like they were working on a gen 3 version but the company they were working with was going to charge something like $3000 per rotor at his cost. Combined with the new coremoto rims i just got, I should be looking at around 12 lbs of reduced rotational mass!

Yeah, I got really lucky 8-10 years ago and got the set from a guy who I don't think had any idea what they were. I used them on my gsxr and loved them. I sent them into Braketech and they replaced the carriers to fit the busa. While talking with them, it sounds like they were working on a gen 3 version but the company they were working with was going to charge something like $3000 per rotor at his cost. Combined with the new coremoto rims i just got, I should be looking at around 12 lbs of reduced rotational mass!
I heard that company were having a lot of trouble coming up with a successful structural matrix . The rotational mass saving is excellent with the Ceramics , I am certainly looking forward to the Sicom + BST combo weigh in .

If the gen 3 version is really going to cost $3K per rotor, they'd certainly had better perform miracle stopping power.
Baketech not offering Gen 3 set because of the manufactures price increase .
The ceramic rotors are excellent choice for ultimate wet , cold , hot , dry performance . With the specific pads , they work in most conditions best all round .

Back