Brake rotors, Brembo or Galfer??

My bike also has the Brembo RCS master cylinders, as well as the HP mono block calipers!

Pics of course!

DSCN1125 (Small).JPG

DSCN1126 (Small).JPG

DSCN1124 (Small).JPG

How noticeable is this. Is it constant rattling or only when you hit bumps, like during city driving?
I had full-floating ABM rotors on my 2005 R1.... they actually will "clang" as you roll the bike around in your garage or driveway. Kinda disconcerting at first, but then you not only get used to it, you start to think it's pretty damn cool sound.

Once you're underway, it's hardly noticeable unless you hit a speedbump, pothole, etc.

The CTS Revolution rotors are very, VERY cool. I've talk with Mike quite a bit in the past, and he has indeed done some serious, SERIOUS research into his rotors. I don't know of anyone else that has rotors like these:

cts1_revolution_rotor_375.jpg

Linky-link ==> Rotor Revolution by CTSMoto.com

Here is my stock R1 rear rotor after Mike and the boyz at CTS finished doing some custom cutting with their Flow Water Jet cutter:

CTS_rearrotor.jpg

Mounted up on the R1:

SBKs_rt_qtr.jpg

I dont have any rattle on mu galfer wave, but i have very sensitve fingers so i can fell the grooves in the brake under real hard braking. To me it almost feels like a vibration but it just the rotors. Not sure why but with the galfer hh pads i couldnt feel it, but now i got hh EBC's it feels like it has way more bite but i can feel it under very hard braking. Im talking chocking it down from 150 or so down to a 30 in a heart beat. But those conditions all breaks might do that

Back