Brake rotors, Brembo or Galfer??

turbobusa2000

Registered
I'm in the midst of a braking and suspension upgrade. I would like to go with reputable manufacture for my rotor selection.

I've narrowed my choices so far to these easily attainable proven manufacturers, Brembo and Galfer. The Brembo HP's or the Galfer SBK's.

First question is who has used these rotors and why did thay like them. If anyone has used both pros and cons would be cool.

Last question, does anyone recommend any other manufactures. I want a race or aggressive street style rotor.

As a side note I also considered Beringer, PFM, Braketech, Braking and CTS (rotor revoulution) anyone have any thoughts on any of these.

Brembo!

Sexs%20on%20wheels%20081.jpg

Brembo is the lightest and the only true FLOATING rotor out of the bunch, perfect for race or performance applications. Brembo and let me know if you want a set.. :beerchug:

Galfer is a great rotor but they are slightly heavier than stock, its been a while...full floaters that actually float offer dual advatages...(1) less drag and two less heat and likelyhood to fade..and they are lighter. To check if your floating rotor actually floats try to move it left/right in/out when mounted.... :beerchug:

Galfer is a great rotor but they are slightly heavier than stock, its been a while...full floaters that actually float offer dual advatages...(1) less drag and two less heat and likelyhood to fade..and they are lighter. To check if your floating rotor actually floats try to move it left/right in/out when mounted.... :beerchug:

You left out that they rattle also!

But yes a full rotor, has less drag, and is less prone to warping!

Also i may add, if your that interested in weight savings, a good set of ceramic bearing will help also!

EBC Rotors and HH Pads. Floating with oval rivets. I'm liking them so far. but then what do i know?

CIMG0627.JPG

I running Galfers, but any of them even stock will most likely be more rotor than any of us really need.

I want a race or aggressive street style rotor.

Dan, I don't envy you in your decision, you've posted quite a list of manufactures, a who's who really.

The ones we can help you with that we carry for the Busa is the Galfer, EBC, and the CTS Revolution Rotors. You said RACE. Can send you Galfer SBK Competition Rotors too, but they are pricey. You also said aggressive street style- that would be the CTS Revolution Rotors. The Rev Rotors are very unique. Mike n the boys at CTS have done a lot of testing on their rotors so very high-quality stuff. Last set I did of those sent off to Singapore.

Oddly enough, sitting here boxing up a set of Galfer Waves to send off to AU tomorrow. :laugh: Plus a chrome Galfer wave set also to AU (along with matching Platinum silver brake lines- how cool is that!) Another rear wave to Florida tomorrow, and I also ordered a new Galfer rear wave for myself that's due in tomorrow. Pretty jazzed to get the new style on the PashnitBusa. Galfer also came out their rear Stealth rotor awhile back by adding black to the metal during the making of.

Pics and info here:

PashnitMoto: EBC XC Contour Rotors

PashnitMoto: CTS Revolution Rotors

...and PashnitMoto: Galfer SBK Competition grade wave rotors

Do your homework on what you feel works best for you, if we can provide any of the 4 listed, let us know. :thumbsup:

I would think to choose between those high quality manufactures it would be to go with the best deal you can get. The performance difference between them is soooooooo very small that it should not really matter.

I always heard the Galfer rotors eat up pads quickly. A price to pay for superb braking.

Thanks for all the opinions. I have a galfer on the rear and to tell you the truth I don't like the feedback I get at the lever. It feels like it eats pads. Not sure if it does but it feels different.
I'm hesitant to buy galfer fronts for the same reason. The same could be said of the abm and cts revolution sets. Perhaps I'll stick with conventional rotor styles like the brembos.

I put Galfer rotors with EBC HH pads on the front of my 08. I like the feel and the braking ability. It does have more aggressive bite so taking the time to relearn the brakes is a MUST. If you squeeze moderately hard the wheel will lock up with very little notice. Of course, anytime you change the pads or any other part of the braking system you should take the time to relearn the new capabilities of it before you go out and hit the road.

How noticeable is this. Is it constant rattling or only when you hit bumps, like during city driving?

Mostly when you hit bumps! Other than that you really dont hear them much after you have ridden for a while!

Back