Brake pads...

hydrabusa

Donating Member
Registered
Hey, guys...try to find some pads for busa here...any recomendations of not to buy and what to buy...etc. thanks in advance...
bowdown.gif

(GoldenChild @ Feb. 02 2007,12:16) Carboone Lorraine,then EBC HH...
could not agree more Daniel.
wink.gif

My last set were the HH pads before going with the lorraine pads.

No comparison. The Lorraines are awesome pads and no whinning noise.

Just a great pad.

runeight...

(runeight @ Feb. 02 2007,12:47)
wink.gif

Just a great pad.

runeight...
Sounds like something to try on the next change.

(Gunnybusa @ Feb. 02 2007,14:01)
(runeight @ Feb. 02 2007,12:47)
wink.gif

Just a great pad.

runeight...
Sounds like something to try on the next change.
Gunny,

You will love them. I had to go with Lorriane in order to keep the ABM rotors under warranty.

I was going to leave the HH pads on but Charles at SnT said go with Lorriane.

Glad he suggested..glad I did.

runeight...

Check group buys Street and track has special on lines and pads.

Moved to general... and those Lorrane pads might be on tap for the next set...

I suggest SBK-3/5 or A3(SS Rotors) & RX as first choice for street guys front/rear brakes.
track guys use C43/C44 for track guys.

SHOCKED.gif
Hey, Thanks a bunch guys...
SHOCKED.gif

So, it came down to Lorraine and EBC...and HH rates, okay, then what is the kind for Lorraine...(I don't think they make just one kinda pad for every bike right?
all_coholic.gif
)

SHOCKED.gif

(Gunnybusa @ Feb. 02 2007,10:30) Make sure what ever kind you buy are "HH" rated. I use EBC.
+whatever

Make sure there HH, and EBC makes good pads

ebc hh's...hands down....and the fact that the carbone lorraine pads "don't make any whinning noise" scares me...cause the last set i had that did that?..was the "Ferrodo Sintergrip ST Roads"...they were quiet and worked great for about 2,000 miles...just before they glazed and flash fried my rotors....i tossed the ferrodos...deglazed my rotors with scotchbrite and 320 grit wet/dry sandpaper...tossed on some ebc hh's...and felt the ever so slightest pulsing during hard braking...that slowly went completely away over the next 500 miles...as the EBC HH's bedded in and actually saved my almost toasted front rotors.

Carbone Lorraine?...nah...i ain't screwing with nothing that ends in a vowel any more....maybe if i owned a Ducati?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(JINKSTER @ Feb. 03 2007,11:40) ebc hh's...hands down....and the fact that the carbone lorraine pads "don't make any whinning noise" scares me...cause the last set i had that did that?..was the "Ferrodo Sintergrip ST Roads"...they were quiet and worked great for about 2,000 miles...just before they glazed and flash fried my rotors....i tossed the ferrodos...deglazed my rotors with scotchbrite and 320 grit wet/dry sandpaper...tossed on some ebc hh's...and felt the ever so slightest pulsing during hard braking...that slowly went completely away over the next 500 miles...as the EBC HH's bedded in and actually saved my almost toasted front rotors.

Carbone Lorraine?...nah...i ain't screwing with nothing that ends in a vowel any more....maybe if i owned a Ducati?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ends in a vowel..

too funny Bill..

runeight...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back