brake pad replacement

jgm1320

Registered
ok so I'm sure I'm just overlooking something, but I can't for the life of me get the 2 long pins that hold the shim and pads in place out of the caliper
banghead.gif

I removed the cap off the caliper and the clip but I can't get them to budge, What do I need to do to get these things out?

they should just slide out with the clip off maybe a bit gummed up try to wiggle them and work one out with some needle nose pliers

they should just slide out with the clip off       maybe a bit gummed up    try to wiggle them and work one out with some needle nose pliers
What he said...man, I remember the first time I removed mine and heard the spring/clip fly across the garage. Took awhile to find it too!

Now is a good time to duche the calipers with some brake cleaner....they will sparkle!

..note to self watch out for shooting springs when doing brakes.
beerchug.gif

Unhook the springs from the pads so they just hang in there. I seem to remember that there is also a clip that pokes through the holes of both pins and that also needs to come out. Then the pins should slide out easily. If you need a better description, let me know and I'll post up some pics for you.

The fronts, I think, are the same but they are different from the rears. Which ones are you doing?

--Wag--

That's too funny hearing about everyone pulling the first pin and hearing the spring clip go flying... that's exactly what happened to me...

Back