Brake pad change

Wolfman

Registered
Hey guys. Brake pads are getting thin and I was wondering how difficult it is to change them. I don't have a haynes manual or anything (which is why I am asking you guys). I changed pads on cars all the time and didn't know if it woulkd be any different on a bike. It looks about the same but I still wanted to ask you guys so as to avoid finding it much more difficult once I had it apart. I would rather do it myself if I could. Thanks for the help guys.

its 100 times easier on a bike then a car... mostly cause u dont have to take the wheel/tire off to get to them
tounge.gif

The fronts are very easy to do. The rear is a little trickier but still very easy, I just put new on both ends today along with new galfer rotors. Do it yourself its much easier than doing a car!!!

Sometimes with new brake pads it's a tight fit to put the caliper back on the rotor. To get additional clearance, I push back the pistons into the caliper body a little. You can use a pair of plyers to leverage them back, but be gentle.

Back