Brake lights Help Help Help

who dares wins

Registered
Swopped my rear sub frame for a steel one, alloy one had snapped. but when i press either brake no lights.

Bulbs work fine!

Running lights ok

Turn signals ok

Have I missed Something?

Still waiting for my service manual.

Many thanks

Download the service manual.  It is pinned in the maintenance forum I believe.  It sounds like you have to adjust the switch.  It is just above the heel guard on the right side of  the bike.  There is a wire with a black rubber cover on it coming down to the switch.  If you press you r rear brake lever you will see where it goes up to the light see where the rod goes up to the light switch. The swithc adjusts bu turning. Just turn the switch until you have brake lights again.  If you adjust it too far you will have your brake lights on all the time, so adjust it to the sensitivity you prefer. Hopefully this is clear enough. The manual explains how to do it better and has pictures.

If everything is working except the brake lights it sounds like you've not got the connecter all the way together at the taillight assembly. I looked in the online service manual, didn't show a lot of detail but there's bound to be a seperate connector for the brake lights from the tail (running) lights. If you've changed the sub frame you had to unplug all of them, so go back and recheck your connections to start. It may look together but not be quite.
Just my
2cents.gif
guess.

Back