Braided Brake Lines

paistes5

Registered
I've been thinking about getting the braided brake lines for a while now. My wife and I had a bet tonight and she lost, so I'll be getting some, now the question.

What would you prefer? I've heard a little about the Galfer's and the Goodrich brake lines but don't know anybody that has them. Are there others out there that are better and what is your experience with any of them?

I was looking at some brake lines as well.

Anyone heard of FREN TUBO Carbon fiber braided lines?

I can't get the link to work but go to: http://www.cyclemall.net/ and look under SUZUKI and then Hayabusa section.

They are $162.95 anyone had any experience with this brand/company?
rock.gif

I've got the Goodrich lines on the front of my bike. The brake feel is a bit better and I needed 2" over lines for my bars anyway. The braid is covered with a clear plastic sleeve. This is the first set I've had on a bike that are built this way. Hopefully the plastic won't discolor.

I've got the Goodrich lines on the front of my bike.  The brake feel is a bit better and I needed 2" over lines for my bars anyway.  The braid is covered with a clear plastic sleeve.  This is the first set I've had on a bike that are built this way.  Hopefully the plastic won't discolor.
I bought Galfer's at the SFO Bike show and they also have the clear plastic sleeve. Installing them was pretty easy and they fit just fine. I have really had a chance to try them out so I don't know how much of a difference they will make.

I have heard that Spiegler lines are pretty sweet as well.
But I think Goodrich is sort of the standard.

As for the Carbon Brake lines... Um, I don't think anyone is going to notice the Carbon, and the Stainless braided still looks pretty tight. Save your Money and get the clear plastic coated Stainless lines from Goodrich.

Might try some fresh pads as well... Then of course make certain your brakes are properly bled, if you have swapped to stainless lines and you don't feel a significant difference bleed them bad boys.

Finally, if you are running your stock lines and you have a brand new busa, MAKE DAMN SURE they bleed your brakes at your first service, don't let them argue out from under it. THey did mine and it made a huge difference... They didn't bleed them during set up like they were supposed to... So if the lever is extra mushy, give em' a bleed.

They're actually called 'Goodbridge' brake lines. I put the Goodbridge lines all the way around (i.e. front/rear brake, clutch) and they work great. The brakes definitely have a tighter feel due to less expansion in the lines over the rubber lines that come stock. I've had mine on for a year now and there is no discoloration in my lines at all. A good way to keep them clean is use a little rubbing alcohol on a cloth and wipe them down every once in a while

Brian

....bridge.....and....ridch. :-)

Try.

http://www.goodridge.nl

Ordered some aramid (kevlar) hoses from them. Will post a review when the snow is gone and my busa is ready again after this long dark cold season of non riding just sit in your garage and dream longing for summer abstinens throwing your money on mods to feed your brain.....

buse.jpg

They're actually called 'Goodbridge' brake lines.  I put the Goodbridge lines all the way around (i.e. front/rear brake, clutch) and they work great.  The brakes definitely have a tighter feel due to less expansion in the lines over the rubber lines that come stock.  I've had mine on for a year now and there is no discoloration in my lines at all.  A good way to keep them clean is use a little rubbing alcohol on a cloth and wipe them down every once in a while

Brian
BTW, I got the full set from Newport Cycle for about $150. If you price them singly, you will pay closer to $180 or $200 for a full set.

Brian

I think it is Goodridge...That I was meaning...silly thing is I can find hits across the web for all three...So go buy some Damn Spieglers and be done with it...

I still think Spiegler is the way to go, they use a different approach to the braid and their stainless lines can be had with a variety of plastic coatings including clear.  Much easier to keep clean that way...  Competetively priced...  I think I will be getting some...  Spiegler Also check out their new rotors.

Back