brake lines

karnage

Registered
Got my new brake lines today and was the last item to finish up my front brakes and they sent the wrong kit.It says 2 line kit both coming off the master cylinder.It does not.Its basically a stock setup in braided from Russel.needless to say I am unhappy and sending it back for a Galfer kit.$18 more and I know will be right.

I had ss Galfers with no complaints.
I then switched to a Speigler handlebar/topclamp conversion, it came with the extended Speigler ss brake lines needed.
The Speiglers are cool because the fittings on each end of the line can be rotated if needed, the Galfers cannot. Just something to consider.
Being able to rotate the fitting can clean up the look and gives you a little adjustment to get the lines at an angle/direction you may prefer. :beerchug:

nice, so similar to a hydraulic hose.

Yes sir, and top quality.
Nothing wrong with Galfer either, they make good stuff.
My Galfers were 2 seperate lines, one from each caliper to the mc.
My Speiglers are the stock style configuration, one line to the caliper, and one line connecting each caliper.
Speigler does make a two line setup also, as I know that's what you want.
I have noticed absolutely no difference in brake feel or performance with either line setup though, so it's just a looks preference.
EBC HH Extreme Pro pads are the way to go for for a big improvement in stopping power, without spending alot too.:beerchug:

I picked up Galfer 1375 pads, dirt cheap.ceramic mix pads.So I hope they stop well.

That may be their equivalent to the extreme pros then, as they also have some ceramic in them.
You'll have a nice improvement in brake feel and performance.
And in case you don't know, a ziptie holding the front brake for a couple hours(or better yet, overnight) after bleeding them. Then bleed again when ever you remove it.
It makes an improvement in lever feel and helps get out any small amount of air that didn't come out during the initial bleeding.:beerchug:

I have a msater cylinder kit as well.I usually will let the lines dangle into a bucket and let them gravity bleed, then bolt them to the calipers, then gravity bleed them into a bucket, then use my mity-vac for the rest and never have air when done.I am hoping the new lines, pads and rotors as well as replacing the fork seals and setting up the forks by the post on here will help a lot.I want new springs in the front but will wait to do those next winter.I have spent too much lately on this project, luckily the wife is cool with it.

I have a msater cylinder kit as well.I usually will let the lines dangle into a bucket and let them gravity bleed, then bolt them to the calipers, then gravity bleed them into a bucket, then use my mity-vac for the rest and never have air when done.I am hoping the new lines, pads and rotors as well as replacing the fork seals and setting up the forks by the post on here will help a lot.I want new springs in the front but will wait to do those next winter.I have spent too much lately on this project, luckily the wife is cool with it.

Spent too much on the bike?
You're preachin' to the choir.:laugh:

good pads and lines make a huge difference in slowing up these big girls :laugh: I just ordered another set of HH's as mine dont have much life left, trying this proactive thing so i dont have the bike down for 3 weeks... when its 70*+ everyday... like right now :whistle:

good pads and lines make a huge difference in slowing up these big girls :laugh: I just ordered another set of HH's as mine dont have much life left, trying this proactive thing so i dont have the bike down for 3 weeks... when its 70*+ everyday... like right now :whistle:

Yep, that's how to do it.
I just put new tires on yesterday, so I'm going to order another set tonight or tommorrow.:beerchug:

I had ss Galfers with no complaints.
I then switched to a Speigler handlebar/topclamp conversion, it came with the extended Speigler ss brake lines needed.
The Speiglers are cool because the fittings on each end of the line can be rotated if needed, the Galfers cannot. Just something to consider.
Being able to rotate the fitting can clean up the look and gives you a little adjustment to get the lines at an angle/direction you may prefer. :beerchug:
How do you like the Speigler setup. I have been thinking about those, But not sure how they will look and handel. That fat bars would be nice.
Chuck

Back