Bought a new K9 Busa on Friday the 13th!!!

Need to figure out if I'm going to be doing anything with the rear sets

Ready whenever you are. :thumbsup:

Vortex Rearsets for Sportbikes Motorcycles - Buy Today & SAVE!! | Pashnit Moto

Img_2934_800.jpg

Img_4896_800.jpg

Actually, there are lots of styles and brands to choose from. Find a style you like and go with it. :welcome: :thumbsup:

Img_2934_800.jpg

Img_4896_800.jpg

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it!!

A little more background, graduated from the AMI general M/C and their first HD class back in '81. Have had 12 HD's and one BMW R800, but wanted more performance, better suspension and brakes, and less weight. So I traded in my '08 HD FatBob last Spring for an '08 leftover Yamaha FJR1300. WOW, what a blast that bike was. Fast, decent brakes and suspension. Bought the FJR on May 22 and put 11.5K on it over the Summer. Even won the milage contest at the dealership where I bought it. But I only used my hardbags 10% of the time and really wanted more performence (Torque!), along with better suspension and brakes. I also wanted less weight so I needed to get away from driveshaft bikes. I really like the Kawi C-14 and wanted to check out the new Honda 1200 Interceptor, but both have driveshafts. So after test riding an '09 C-14, ZX-14, BMW 1300GT and K1300S, and finally an '09 Busa I decided on the Busa. I hated the BMW front ends and I know that BMW is having major issues with driveshaft failures, not to mention Dealer access, so the Beemers were out. The ZX-14 was nice but it had 1200 miles on it and had never been serviced and looked like it had been beat on, plus they wanted to much for a used '09 ZX-14 so that bike was out. Like I said I loved the C-14 and was especially excited about the new Gen II C-14 but again it has a driveshaft so that was out. That left the Busa which I test rode twice. Luckily I'm used to the tilted forward riding position from my FJR but the Busa was still a little bit of a reach for me so I've ordered a set of Helibars from Mr. Eddy.

As for my Busa, I love how smooth the motor is, love the buttery smooth trans, love the way I sit in the Busa and not on top like my FJR. Man, I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!

Rut Row~!~ Couldn't wait till Sat the 14th could you, or at least after mid night~?~ :laugh:

:welcome: - congrats on your purchase~!!~

Hi Outlawbusa, I'm not superstitious so buying my bike on Friday the 13th didn't bother me. Now if I was a Knights Templer I'd hide every friday 13th, LOL.

Hello everyone, thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Alakso, I'm a certified M/C Tech, and I'm from the Penobscot Indian Nation in Maine. Traded-in my '08 Yamaha FJR1300 for a new White K9 Busa on Friday the 13th! Luckily the weather is still warm here in Maine and I'll get to ride my baby a little before I put her up for the Winter. Have ordered Helibars along with a Factory Tank Bra and Cover. Need to figure out if I'm going to be doing anything with the rear sets but have all winter to do that. Love my new baby!!! :thumbsup:

Congrats! I just picked up a White & Blue 09 on Saturday. Where are the pics? :)

Welcome

Congrats dude...you're gonna wish that you'd bought it back in June!

That's for sure!!! I'm really lucky it's over 50 degrees here in Maine today so I can go for a ride. Maybe global warming isn't such a bad thing! I have 75 miles on my Busa so I'm trying to figure out how to get the right side cowling off so I can change my oil and filter. The right side cowling PP thread helped a lot, just need to go back to that thread to see where all the rubber grommets are so I don't break any off! Plus it's always good to know how to take everything apart the right way for future reference. I'm thinking fter all the fasterners are off I'd start at the bottom and work my way up. Just need to figure out if the top black piece comes off first?

Ready whenever you are. :thumbsup:

Vortex Rearsets for Sportbikes Motorcycles - Buy Today & SAVE!! | Pashnit Moto

View attachment 165899

View attachment 165900

Actually, there are lots of styles and brands to choose from. Find a style you like and go with it. :welcome: :thumbsup:

Thanks Pashnit, have been to your website, great stuff. I only have dial-up so doing research on Busa info and parts takes forever. So please forgive me for asking you a question about rear sets. I saw on a Busa forum that someone was using the Sato lowered rear sets. I sent Sato an email and they said they have Busa rear sets that can lower the pegs but that their product doesn't allow forward movement of the pegs. Pashnit, what are my option for lowered and possibly forward rear sets?

Welcome to the site, that's the same bike my wife has. We got her's that last week of Sept.

She's only 5' so we had to lower it 3" and get the seat carved down and now she can reach mostly flat footed.

We're thinking of the Helibars, but she wants to ride for a while to see if she really wants them. I think it'd be a good idea to go ahead and get them, but hey she's the one sitting on it and she's happy with it like it is.

Anyway, I like the White 09, but decided on the Silver 09 myself. So we're a 2 Busa family.

Back