bought a 2001 hayabusa in canada

Unstoppable1

Registered
hey, i bought a 2001 hayabusa about 3 years ago, but haven't had enough to insure it till now, but she's pissing antifreeze out the over flow like crazy when it gets up to temp, i was wondering what would cause this, going to be a pain in the ass to bleed the lines several times, any tips on easy ways to do so ???

Uh, welcome....

So the bike has sat for 3 yrs?

Here's a video on the bleeding process by one of our own... ( @c10 )

@Unstoppable1

the same 4 u what i wrote 2 minutes ago for @djdilliodon

welcome newbie :)

first of all, get the workshop manual for the gen1 including all extensions before you move just one more screw - too much damage can happen if you do not observe the specified torques.

try searching here at the org and you will find it as a download.

then please get my summarized maintenance sheet of gen1 & 2
it is my summary of 13 years of experience at busa riding and repair.

and some little hints for / about the busa aside to the manual you´ll find here at my homepage.

good luck
the old man
zeigefinger-gif.gif

from across the pond

Uh, welcome....

So the bike has sat for 3 yrs?

Here's a video on the bleeding process by one of our own... ( @c10 )

bikes been turned on every few months and run thoroughly over a few day period to get everything nice and oiled. but it always kinda had a over flow problem but it's been more apparent since i actually drove it

bikes been turned on every few months and run thoroughly over a few day period to get everything nice and oiled. but it always kinda had a over flow problem but it's been more apparent since i actually drove it
It's a pretty simple system...maybe the thermostat needs to be changed out..?

hey, i bought a 2001 hayabusa about 3 years ago, but haven't had enough to insure it till now, but she's pissing antifreeze out the over flow like crazy when it gets up to temp, i was wondering what would cause this, going to be a pain in the ass to bleed the lines several times, any tips on easy ways to do so ???
Provided your engine temperature is within in range and not too high above the upper limit, below applies:

Unless your radiator had a somewhat low level at some point, which in itself means there was a leak, or no maintenance for a whole lot of miles, it sounds like you may have blown head gasket.

If you fill the radiator, and the bottle, it should not be necessary to bleed for air. Once up to temperature the air in your cooling system will be replaced with steam and once it cools down, it will replace the steam with coolant from the overflow bottle, meaning the system is stabilized.

So in short, make sure the radiator is full, you have enough water in the overflow bottle and run the bike up to temperature where the fan actually comes on. Let it cool off and re-check water in the overflow bottle to be at the correct level. Don't over fill.

After that, if you are still pushing coolant out of the system, I hate to tell you, you will have to pull the cylinder head.

found it guys, i guess the dips that did work on it didn't tilt it when they put the new coolant in, so it was over heating like 3 other threads on here had happen, so there was like 1/2 the coolant that was supposed to be in it

Back