Born again...

(nitrousjunkie @ Nov. 20 2006,02:51)
(brendanp @ Nov. 20 2006,16:42) I will NOT go on my bike in heavy traffic or at high speeds EVER AGAIN without full gear on!!!
Bad,bad Pan....You still dont get it.
Now go back to the chalkboard,and write it 1000 times!

"I will not ride my bike witout full gear PERIOD!"
eek2.gif
 Owned![/Quote]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nice...

laugh.gif

You should take other peoples lessons learned as your own. True Wisdom is not learning the hard way.
That said, heal up! Good luck

Pan, dont give up on the ride, we all take our fall eventually some are more prepared than others.

I went down at over 80 and slid a good distance on my back.

I had jeans and full gear on, did just fine.

When its our time it will happen regardless of when where or why!

Live it up bro!!!  
super.gif

Good on you, man! I been wearing full gear for so long, I HATE riding without. It just feels like a completed package and I know I've done the best I can to protect my assets

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 20 2006,20:flamethrowing:)
(heavybusa @ Nov. 20 2006,18:41) I had jeans and full gear on, did just fine.
There's that "full" gear and jeans again  
tounge.gif

poke.gif
Some of these "Gear Nazi's" are FULL of it....or maybe a 1/2 or 1/4 FULL
laugh.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 20 2006,23:flamethrowing:)
tounge.gif

poke.gif
We all cant afford "full" gear and I have learned my lesson.

Gotta check feebay. I got my daughter brand new Alpinestar "Bat" leather sport pants MSRP $279. for...

$49.00. So what they are 2006 model.

Sorry to hear about your tumble, Pan. I am glad however you will be wearing gear from now on. Sad it took you this fall to decide that though.

Hang in there Bro.

(heavybusa @ Nov. 21 2006,09:54)
(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 20 2006,23
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
tounge.gif

poke.gif
We all cant afford "full" gear and I have learned my lesson.
I am with you on affording full gear. I do not ride that much in the summer because I get to hot in my leather jacket.

But I am a large rider and have not seen great deals on pants on ebay. I guess I will take another look as it has been some time since I have looked.

Pan,
Glad to hear the change in your mind set and keeping your bike.
super.gif
Like I said in your post on the accident: All will be good with time and learning from mistakes.

(PaNDeM1C @ Nov. 20 2006,02:36) I just don't know exactly what happened...

Hard! Fast! Ouch!

Thanks!
geez Pan....are you sure you're still in pain from the Bike accident?

or did Peter Pan come over to try n cheer you up with his uhm...."Pirate Sword" n Pixie Dust?
crazy.gif

no wonder your aching.......
tounge.gif

I appreciate gear alot more after going down too. Pan, glad you went down at low speed and glad you see the value in gear now. PLEASE don't let this scare you away from riding. I am glad I got back on and alot of people hear were the reason. You have friends here and you will be back riding in no time. But who is going to be the Hayabusa.org designated squid now? I think it is time for you to appoint someone, don't you think?

Pan,
Send me a PM with a Ph # I can reach you at, Let us know what you need for your Bike to get it back up to Speed, Get a new Helmet and any other Gear you are lacking and Lets get that Beast Back on the Road, Fast!!!

BTW, I'll Be Riding this Holiday Weekend, and you can be at my house in 40 minutes from where you are!!!

I'll Introduce you to some AWESOME Canyons within 30 Minutes from your home!!!

If you need help with the Bike, Just Contact Me!!!! If you cannot afford to Replace Plastic Now, we can Plastic Weld-Bondo-and Paint and it will still Look Great and get you back in the Game Quickly, I have Stock Exhaust, Rearsets, etc. just sitting on the shelf, Let us know what you need?
rock.gif
?

Talk to you Soon

Bruh, sorry to hear about your accident! But thank GOD that you're still here! It could have been worse! So, heal up and get back on the bike! Thanks for sharing your experience, which will only make us better...NCpanther01!

Boy Howdy Pan, I'm happy to see you are doing okay. Good Luck on healing up and hopefully soon you'll be back in the saddle. But don't feel bad about your hard learned lesson. You are by no means alone in that learning curve. Lots of riders have that invincible attitude. But, like you, the smart ones have an attitude adjustment after the first crash.

I think my son had the best answer I had heard about gear? We were riding on a hot summer day, both of us on GSXR1K's, cruising about 80 down a nice back road when a R1 came screaming past us at high speed. His bare arms glistening in the sun, Tshirt sleeves fluttering in the wind, bare knuckles and he must have been headed to a foot race because his feet were sporting tennis shoes. As he went out of sight around the bend, I thought to myself, if that guy goes down, it's not going to be a pretty site. Later, as my son and I were sitting on the outside deck at Starbucks enjoying a cup of java, I ask "Did you see what that guy was wearing that blew past us"? My son casually said "That guy get's ONE FU@K UP"! Coming from a racer that has been on the deck many times and ground through the leather on more than one suit I thought "How True"!

Pan:

Glad to hear you've come around. Good for you.
So let's see...
Full Gear - check
No sneakers - check
Kickstand Mod - check
Now all we need is the grabrail mod and we're in business  
biggrin.gif

Let me know if you need anything for the Busa. I have a barely used set of levers, bar ends, windscreen, and a few other things I took off my 06. Probably has 200 miles on them. We'll get your Busa back to normal in no time!

Heal soon!

hump1.jpg

Hey, I learned about gear that way too!
biggrin.gif
Still, I had that lesson handed to me on a silver platter (rashed up knee and nearly dislocated brain on sidewalk) and it still took another 15 or so years to get it right. Fortunately, the vids of people walking away from crashes is what finally convinced me.

I NEVER ride without gear now. And that means FULL 100% gear as defined by Charles above. I'm an official gear nazi now.

Someday, everyone learns. They learn that they can't get away with it forever. They learn that it costs more to NOT have full gear. They learn that if it's too hot to wear full gear, it's too hot to ride. They learn that eventually, a cop WILL see them speeding.

Sooner or later, we all learn. Good on ya for being responsible about it afterwards instead of whining about it. You've just earned my respect again and likely many others.

--Wag--

Hey MeatHead....I thought I was gonna meet you this weekend.

Sorry for your mishap...glad you're ok.
smile.gif

DD

Hey, check out THIS thread...

If you sell the Busa before you get a chance to ride some of these roads, I'm gonna ride out there and kick your scrawny 'Bama butt then ship what's left of it to Big D to finish the job!!
laugh.gif

Seriously, probably about half of this board are envious of you living in such a Mecca for bikes- get better, heal up, gear up and get out there and RIDE!!
super.gif

P.S.-
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the grown-up section of the board! But don't grow up TOO much, we'd miss the entertainment value!

Back