Born Again Rider

jefro

Registered
Hi everyone. Picked up my '08 just before Christmas and finally got a chance to post some pictures. First a little background. In the late 70's and early 80's I lived and breathed motorcycles. At one time I owned 7. YZ's, RM's, RD 400's, and many Kaw 2 stroke triples. Drag raced, street raced, motocrossed, and ice raced. When my daughter was conceived in late '84 I made the decision to put them down. Every spring since then I would get the itch to get back into it and almost pulled the trigger many times the last few years-especially when Kaw brought out the 14. Like a lot of you, I kept waiting and waiting for the Gen II Busa. When it finally came out I decided to take the plunge. Was almost as hard to pick the color as it was to pick what bike I wanted! I like all the colors but finally decided the Gray/Black would be the best "canvas" to start with. All my friends and coworkers ride H-D(I'm a union rep at a GM plant) and I believe in buying American but have always felt H-D's are the "John Deer" of motorcycles and don't think I could ever own one. I also feel Harley has gouged the heck out of the consumer and is the epitome of American corporate greed. Was hoping the new Buell would strike my fancy but, man, that bike is ugly! I'm sure I'll take some flak from my peers for driving a "Jap bike" but I'll tell them to either run me for "pinks" or shut the **** up. Besides, I know where Showa is stamped on their "Jap" forks, LOL. I have surfed most of the Busa forums and this one is my favorite. Seems like a very tight knit group of helpful friendly, and knowledgeable people with very little bickering and infighting. Look forward to being part of the org. Jeff

beerchug.gif
Look forward to your presence. It is a nice place to hang out.

Congradulations and Welcome..... Ride Withing your Limitations and have Fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
race.gif

welcome back to riding..  I took a few years off too..  not any more..  this year has seen the garage get a new 07 DR650, a fresh 07 RM250, and as of last night, a white 06 'busa LE..  time to ride!!

busa.jpg

And one with my drag sled(runs the 1/8 mile in 5.70's@114mph with my 200 lb. butt on it-0-60 in 1.7 seconds on Stalker radar-can you say "holeshot"?)

bike_and_sled.jpg

Welcome to the oRg! You will find as you spend more time on here, we are most likely family. This is a really great group of folks. If you have the chance to make a meet and greet, please do, you will love it!
beerchug.gif

welcome! you may not be to far from my neck of the woods.. hook up when the weather gets better and run some of the MI roads with you..

welcome.gif
in glad to have you as a part of
the family. I took a few years off but
got my Busa a year ago and now if I am
not Riding I'm Modding all thanks to the
ORG FAMILY
thumb_up.gif

Welcome to the oRg as well... Glad to see you stopped lurking and started posting!
Nice looking ride by the way.

Nice bike. You will love the busa. I work with a bunch of guys that ride HDs. I have had to sit with them when they break down more than once. The quality just isn't there with them. I am in northern michigan. (houghton lake) If you ever are up north this summer, look me up. There are some awesome back roads that are beautiful up here.

Back