bored throttle bodies

the stacks bolt up to the airbox to stay in place. they do taper down to fit inside tb however it’s not hard to cut the the taper portion of the stack since it’s made of plastic.

View attachment 1672886
I thought of that but I noticed both carbon smith and bt moto stacks have that plastic going across the bottom middle of the stack outlet and cutting the bottom would ultimately eliminate them. I’m guessing those are for air turbulence or to redirect the spray from secondary fuel injectors? I don’t know how critical those pieces are to the function of the stacks. Any idea what those are for?

the center divider is to help atomize fuel. you would prob have to dyno test it to see if removing it would cause fuel distribution issues. if i was to guess, at high rpm the air speed/turbulence would not require the plate but at slow air speed, the plate helps disperse the fuel and probably improves throttle response during “street” riding. looks like u can remove most of the taper and leave the edges so the flap stays in place.

3 to 8 hp what do you think?

Screenshot_20240118_175129_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240118_175228_Instagram.jpg

Yep, except they want $700 for that... I contacted gforce to see what they're charging as well. Still waiting on the reply.

Too expensive my friend. Well,Max Bore is out of the radar. We will continue searching and looking for a better price and nice perform.

Good Copy Sir, Thank you
Well, I recieved an email from Gforceraceengines.com with a simple reply saying $150.00. Sounds too cheap. Gonna to look into it further.

Well, I recieved an email from Gforceraceengines.com with a simple reply saying $150.00. Sounds too cheap. Gonna to look into it further.
on their website, they only bore the entrance to the tb and not actually remove the stock blades to bore the tb completely through. some shops will cut new blades at the new diameter, which actually changes the diameter of the entire tb vs just a taper bore to the stock tb blade. not all tb are bored the same.

this set of TBs was done at a local muscle car fab shop. owner does custom work by word of mouth. my previous sets have been done in NY at CMP. around $125-150 plus ship for a 4 cylinder set. power gains depend on other mods. both shops use a cnc.

IMG_3715.jpeg

IMG_3717.jpeg

IMG_3187.jpeg

Back